Chapter 7

"How far away from my house do you live?" Luke asked nervously while playing with the fur on his penguin.

He had started to regret even coming, he barely knew Ashton and it wasn't a good idea to agree to going to the man's house. Luke kept trying to convince himself that everything would be okay, but his brain would not shut up long enough for him to calm himself down. The sixteen year old took a deep breath, trying not to panic. He was okay. Everything was going to be okay.

It wasn't that he didn't trust Ashton, he couldn't make that judgement yet. It was just that he has heard so many stories in his life about how you shouldn't go certain places with certain people, and although Luke knew Ashton most definitely would never hurt him, he still had that feeling in his gut, the one he always has.

"I live in the suburbs, it might take a few minutes," Ashton spoke while patting the younger boy's thigh, which Luke didn't even know he needed until he got it, "Did you tell your mom you're going on a date?" Ashton asked Luke concernedly.

"No," Luke replied. She probably wouldn't have cared at all, or she would have cared to much, Luke didn't want to risk it either way, "I told her I was going to my friends house," Luke said.

Ashton nodded while focusing on the road. Luke wanted to make conversation, but he was preoccupied with his stuffed penguin, humming softly to it. The blond was also quite embarrassed about everything that happened, Ashton had barely known the boy and he had already seen him clad in only boxers, the thought of that made heat rise to his cheeks. He was also embarrassed because the two were supposed to being going on a date, but like everything else, Luke had ruined that.

"You could tell her, you know. I don't want you to be worried about the outcome," Ashton spoke, "And I don't think you should lie to her."

Luke shook his head, "It's not that really, I mean, it's more complex, her and I aren't close anymore."

Ashton wanted to question why not anymore, but they arrived at his house, and he didn't want to intrude or upset Luke by asking further questions. Besides, Ashton could relate, things happen and you just don't connect with people that you may be required to.

The twenty year old turned in a driveway, where a small, but nice house was placed. Luke raised his eyebrows, feeling quite impressed. He had expected that Ashton would be living in a small rundown apartment, which wouldn't have been a bad thing but it just seemed he had a small paying job. The boy kind of felt ashamed that Ashton's house was nicer than his, it just didn't seem fair or right. Luke looked around, feeling grateful that the man lived in a nice neighborhood, he took note of that, in case something bad did happen.

The twenty year old had a lot of money because of his family, he just wasn't exactly keen on spending it on huge houses and pointless things. He kept it all saved away, he liked the feeling of knowing that money wont ever be an issue for him. The reason why he worked at a store was simply because he wanted something to do with his free time, seeing that he was a single man, and only had a handful of friends. Of course, working there wasn't exactly fun, but he did like meeting new people, like Luke. Also, Ashton would feel completely useless if he didn't have a job, even if it was just at a store, and not as a doctor like his mother would have preferred.

Ashton also felt that certain people would use him for his money if he made it clear that he had it. The lifestyle he had growing up was not at all what he wanted for rest of his life. He didn't even have any animals, so a huge house would just result in loneliness, which is what Ashton had always tried to avoid.

The house was a slightly off beige color, with a bright red door. Luke pictured flowers that should be there if it wasn't mid autumn, Luke hoped that he would have Ashton in his life long enough for him to witness that. The house gave Luke a small bit of comfort, it reminded him of something his grandmother would live in, which might have been something negative for certain people, but Luke didn't think so, not at all.