CHAPTER 5 ˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。

₊ ⊹✮⋆˙☾˙⋆✮⊹₊

He remembered the window panes being shattered, chairs thrown against the wall, and cracks made through the floors and to sum it all up it was pure chaos everywhere inside his agency's headquarters—it wouldn't be an issue repairing those but his worry laid most at the person who 'greeted' him in such brutal way.

Riddle fought hard against this person.

"Nggghhh," The red-haired mage winced when he forced himself to a sitting position, holding a hand on his head—it throbbed with ache after he rose. Bleary gray eyes took in the details of the space he was in—nothing recognizable and to add to his dread, it was a modern-looking dungeon.

The bars preventing his escape were no doubt coated with magic, it was flickering with rune markings, those symbols were somewhat familiar and he knew it was the type of magic not recommended to be used regularly.

If he was here there was no doubt he did not win against whoever. His memory of the person was hazy except for the pair of crimson eyes that regarded him with animosity.

"Riddle Rosehearts, a prodigy" The voice was amused but also laced with an underlying sarcasm, not meant to compliment him but to spit on his image. "You were quite the perfect, goody-good shoes back in your teenage days and were also top of all your classes; came from a wealthy family and could conjure multiple spells" Footsteps approached closer and the person revealed himself.

The captive narrowed his eyes into slits, gritting his teeth and shaking furiously. "You..." Those eyes, red orbs gleaming with malice contrast the person's smile. "You were the one who destroyed my agency"

William Rex shrugged, unfazed and never losing his smile. "I have to make a great impression on someone with such sparkling credentials" He held a folder in his hands, containing the details acquired about Riddle. "It wasn't hard to know more about you, Mr. Rosehearts, your family is quite well known and with the intellect you are, almost everyone at your homeland and here is aware of who you are to a degree"

This devious man with white hair and red eyes came to his agency introducing himself as a client who needed advise and assistance, Riddle never pegged him as a hostile being and he was annoyed he didn't pick up underneath the disguise.

A dawn of conclusion that moment fueled Riddle's fury, ignoring his headache, he straightened up and didn't waver in William's taunting look. "You are the one behind the killings, aren't you?"

"One of them to be exact" William corrected him, smirking. "Anyway, the name is William Rex and you will be here for the time being. I must say...I never realized indulging and using magic would be this quite exhilarating, I will start utilizing it more while I'm here, the feeling of being in control of magic is great"

Riddle let out a low growl, he shot forward and held the bars tightly—it electrocuted him but he endured. "What do you want from me?! Money?! Pieces of jewelry?! Name your price!"

This got William laughing loudly and stopped in mid-steps, "Boy, do you look down on anyone easily? Do I appear like I want any of those material things?" Saying no more, he only smirked smugly at their captive and left.

--

The tub of spicy gumbo and pastries fell on the floor, contents scattering everywhere but Mary couldn't care about it at the moment. Her horrified wide green eyes scanned the agency quarters.

"W-What happened here?! Where is everyone?!" Mary held a hand to her chest, sensing hyperventilation. There was a sign of resistance and fight that took place here no doubt based on the mess but where was Riddle? Trey? Cater? Ace and Deuce?