CHAPTER 15 𓂃 ࣪˖ ཐིཋྀ

‧₊˚🖇️✩ ₊˚🎧⊹♡‧₊˚🖇️✩ ₊˚🎧⊹♡

Almost complete, the portal that would lead them back to their home is going to be fixed soon and based on all reports Victor received, the creatures they chased after were already being eradicated successfully one-by-one.

"Christie is not in her room" came Alfons with a deep grim sculpted on his face, those usually playful dark blue-indigo eyes gleamed seriously. "She can't leave without us knowing"

Something in the files caught Victor's attention, making him only half listening to his fellow Crown member. Strange pattern... why did I only see this now? On the reports sent by the others, all creatures who broke into their headquarters and original home had this same insignia branded on their skins. The queen instructed us to go here and kill these creatures, this doesn't feel right–

"Victor?" Alfons didn't look pleased about not being listened to, he exhaled and crossed his arms while narrowing his gaze. "This is important, it's a specific order from Her Majesty that Christie is not left alone whenever she's outside"

The long-haired man finally turned to him, mirroring the seriousness he had on. "We never questioned why"

"No...we normally don't" This was starting to sound odd, Alfons frowned. "Are we about the same topic here?"

A loud banging sound echoed in the private office after it was kicked open from the other side. William showed himself with a sinister smile that meant business and kicking ass–it was evident that he was pissed off. He walked inside uncaring about the looks thrown his way. "I want an audience with the old hag" His hand picked up the half-filled wine bottle on the coffee table, opening it and chugging its content without hesitation. "Wanna join me, mate? Seems like you also have many unspoken, lingering questions floating in your head" He chuckled dryly, looking at Victor.

Ellis carried a tray of tea and bread with him that morning, the entire walk in the corridor was basking in silence but more of an annoyed type because of this looming tall figure following behind. He halted in mid-steps.

His eyes twitched, irritated. "Seriously? What the heck are you doing, Elbert? You've been following me from the kitchen!"

"If you are going to check on Mary then so do I" Elbert saw their colleague William return with the redhead in his arms and sleeping soundly, it ignited jealousy within him to see them together. He already lost many hours he wanted to spend with their special guest, he was not oblivious that William garnered some kind of different attention for her.

Ellis rolled his eyes and said nothing more, they went to the room where their guest was–Mary lay in bed next to her stuffed animals. He keenly took notice of the details making this room appear more feminine and elegant–all her belongings were too expensive-looking to be owned by an ordinary maiden. Who is she?

"Mary..." Elbert breathed her name as if she was the oxygen in his lungs–coming closer, he plopped down on the bedside without stirring her wake and held the redhead's hand with his.

His companion placed the tray on the drawer beside her bed, "I can't fathom why those two are so into her..."

The blonde man caressed Mary's hand, "You mean our captives? Grim and Riddle?"

A nod of head from Ellis as he took a chair and sat down on it, "How could they care about someone else's well-being before themselves? Are they not afraid of dying for her?" It was truly infuriating, the last time he visited them to do another round of experiments, Riddle even threatened him about becoming a vengeful spirit to haunt them forever.