CHAPTER 11 ₊˚⊹♡𐦍❀˖°

🦋˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚  

It was more difficult being in William's company than Elbert or Ellis if Mary be honest, this man gave off a huge sinister aura even without trying anything he could already scare someone away not to mention his word choices are not friendly.

The redhead hoped this task would end soon, she swallowed hard and imagined Riddle–all moments shared last night despite Ellis' grumpiness and threats, the latter never uttered a word to anyone about it. I will be proactive and help them find the pieces for their portal quicker so they can leave, Riddle and Grim will be back to me.

With this in mind, she mustered her scattered molecules of bravery to initiate a conversation with William who had been silent since the morning they left. "The Mines we are heading to...it used to be haunted and dwelled by hostile spirits tethered in Twisted Wonderland. My friends encountered them before in our freshmen year, those black thing they spouted is called blots." Mary explained, walking a bit behind the tall pale-haired male. "Blots are disgusting black thick liquid that makes someone sick and usually triggered by so much negativity and depression, in common cases when a mage uses too much magic it happens too" Her companion hadn't said a word yet after that lengthy-ass statement.

This was bothering her, William hated silence and he even made it clear before but now he wasn't budging and not even glancing her way. "B-blots are not easy to defeat," She tried continuing, her voice wavering. "My friends used to help me take care of these cases at school–Grim's magic is strong against blots but he will get exhausted if he uses it too much, the same goes with Snowdrop and Inkwell can neutralize–"

William finally faced the babbling woman, they were at the edge of the woods and he pinned her against a tree trunk, "Wow you are chattery today, aren't you, Little Red?" Those crimson eyes were smoldering and swirling with anger in contrast to his smile.

"Rex, you're scaring me..." Mary tried to speak without breaking apart but she was legit terrified now, this was worse than before.

He held her jaw tightly, inclining her head to the side. "I have a name, Little Red and you will address me by it not by last name" His gaze dropped to the necklace around her porcelain neck and the silver band on Mary's ring finger. "I am not interested in what you're saying, why don't you share how it went with your reunion last night, hm?"

As if a glass cracked somewhere, Mary froze on the spot and paled, her hands became cold and shaky as well. "W-What do y-you mean? I was in m-my room last night..."

"I told you, you are a bad, bad, bad liar" William laughed, it was empty and sharp like a blade. He grazed Mary's cheeks with his fingers. "Ellis is a fool to not know, I am pissed off at how you easily smitten him and despite acting grumpy he allowed you to see your boyfriend" His hand went down to snatch the necklace easily then the ring. William stepped back, watching with glee as Mary became surprised after what he did.

She reached her hands out to him, "Please give it back! Those are important to me!" It was hard, all attempts were pointless and William was having fun at her expense.

"Look at you, jumping like a puppy" William stepped back further, and with a salacious grin on his handsome face, he threw the pieces of jewelry in the air; with one swift movement, he took his sword by the sheath and destroyed Mary's necklace and ring.

"NOOOO!!!" Mary's tears sprang up, wailing as the shattered pieces fell on the ground. She ran and picked it up with her palms. Riddle gave these to her, special jewelry that symbolized the relationship they started back in college.

William watched, his smug expression faded and replaced with annoyance. "You are ridiculous, can you not pull yourself together? You do not have any need for rubbish like those" He stated casually, "You're a grown woman, you need to make some space for your present and future"

"Riddle is my present and future!" Thank you very much, William Rex, he was the only one to drive her furious like this and Mary never yelled in rage. "I love him! You ruthless loaf!"

Does she love Riddle? This woman is seriously irking him more, "Are you mad? Not to mention you are so terrible at cursing, goes to show how sheltered you were raised and how clueless you are!" William glared icily, he loomed over her. "How are you absolute that he is the one you love? Are you a hundred percent certain he is the Prince Charming at the end of your story?! The number of years you've been together weighs nothing, Red. It doesn't always mean something"

"That is not for you to decide!" Mary countered, gripping the shard pieces of the jewelry in her palms. She pushed off the ground and slashed William's cheek with a small but sharp piece from the pendant–it was enough to create a red line, barely noticeable but it was there.

The cave nearby roared with life, possessed goblins came out in numbers bathing in blot liquid while holding weapons, one of them from behind wore a strange-looking item as part of an armor and this was another missing piece for Crown Organization's portal.

Mary took this chance to sprint off as the goblins kept William distracted. I change my mind, I will bring Riddle and Grim back another way! Must find Trey or anyone–

Villains or villains for a reason, they are one-sided and opaque like eerie shadows–no light could pass through them. Even within a group consisting of notorious members, some are darker than others–not antiheroes or misunderstood but finding entertainment in hurting people and taking everything without giving back.

"You took William's heart from me? I will take yours" The mysterious sole female member of Crown declared in the dim room where Riddle sat bound in gleaming purple ropes, there were other wires plugged in his limbs as well making it hard to move and causing him to feel sick.

They were inside the room with messy crumpled artwork, broken canvases, and easels where sunlight could not get through.

She nodded, reassuring herself that this was the right thing to do. "Yes, this is fine, William is going to be proud of me, we exist to get rid of menace" In her hand was a stationary, it was brought by a snowy white owl which tried attacking her with its beak and claws but she managed to steal the letter from its hold and threw large stones at it to make it leave by force.

The moment she saw to whom the letter was addressed, her anger went twofold and she tore it to pieces so it wouldn't be seen by its recipient.

(The torn letter's contents)

Mary!

I'm sorry my handwriting is so ugly I'm like suddenly a fugitive here for reasons I don't know! I didn't mention why I was in Cradle because girlie I freaking fell! I lied to Vernie about it because I don't wanna look ridiculous! Avoid the hole in Deep Fall Woods okay?! When the moon is out something happens there!

But that's not why I was writing this–crap! I can hear them coming! What the hell am I doing with my life now?! My magic is not being useful here!

You mentioned your brother figures?! Are they even related to you?! I think I saw or heard these guys talking about someone called Lance or Jonah or whatever.

Vernie is bound to know soon what I got myself into so please can you two pick me up here?!

With love and panicking atm,

Inkwell 

ʚɞ ⁺˖ ˖⁺ ʚɞ

Note: I am happy to make it this far with this fic and enjoy every step of the way. 

The letter Inkwell sent plays no role at this point but this is a foreshadowing for the Ikemen Revolution arc. And a slight spoiler/teaser yes you are bound to see her in Cradle. There are some clues here related to Radiant Dawn's Daughter. As for Vernie, I will reveal later in the future why she is in Wisteria. 

I am excited about IkeRev Arc, got the cover and title ready but I want to finish this first before taking you there.