CHAPTER 13 𓆤𓆤𓆤

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Christie was always inside the Crown Headquarters, even back in their original home; only allowed a limited time to roam out the streets Alfons was her regular company but the latter would have his undivided attention elsewhere, she couldn't converse anything with him.

Without the uncomfortable artificial hair extension, wig and contact lenses she blended well in the town; thinking she was a passerby strolling or window shopping, Christie did not get unwanted attention.

This must be their doing, William is so notorious he can incite rumor mill and have it exaggerated...Her ebony eyes found some flyers stuck on a lamppost, a rough sketch of what the town thought to be as William Rex, branding him a hostile man on the loose who kills for amusement. Despite the awful way her last chat with him ended, Christie grew concerned at this misunderstanding. We are not killing at random, we are simply after the creatures who ransacked our original home and destroyed the portal... It was never their intention to cause this much trouble to a foreign town.

Foreign huh...that was how it went for her too when she first arrived and was inducted as a Crown member.

"Christie? Is my eyes deceiving me or that's you?" A curious voice called out loudly.

This made her stop in mid-steps, a surge of warmth followed by loud drumming in her ribcage. She felt the flare on her cheeks and suddenly it was hard to step forward. What timing–

Footsteps approached in haste, and the person who called walked around in front of her–those eyes wide with joy. "It is you! How can I ever forget?!" Arms encircled the dumbfounded woman and was pulled into an embrace.

Christie froze, her legs wanted to sprint off but she melted in his arms. "Rio, what are you doing here?" Seeing him and getting hit by Rio's familiar scent which she never smelled for a long time got her tearing up. It was similar to a Welcome Home.

"I am running a small bookshop here" Rio placed a hand at the back of her head, pressing her closer to his shoulder as he sensed the tenseness in her body. "I did not know where to begin...everyone went on hullabaloo when you decided to run away, as the chosen Belle you ought to select the rightful King for our Kingdom."

That part of her life had been buried, forgotten after she began living a life with notorious men and their mysterious Queen. "I am sorry I did not say anything...I had to leave, Gilbert is being too much and suffocating me with all the pressure" Not to mention, her older brother was so obsessed about this mythical place called Moors he didn't care who he stepped on or hurt in the way. "We only have each other as families and he cared less about my art, seeing it as...rubbish" She carried this heavy baggage in her for literally a while and it felt good to have this kind of release.

...and be with the person, the only man who gave her warmth back to Rhodolite.

Rio pulled away, still beaming and he patted her head. "Sounds like Gilbert alright, it's no secret even to our Rhodolite Princes that he is fixated on conquering whatever and wherever Moor is but we all know it never exists. Do you want to come inside for some snacks? We have lots of catching up to do"

"What did you call us here for?" William didn't hide the animosity in his tone, he wasn't smiling either and with this murderous aura surrounding him, everyone knew he was pissed off and wasn't in his regular moment so like a detonator, must approach him with caution.

There was only him, Ellis, and Victor inside the conference room.

Stress lines could be seen on Ellis' face, he had so much happening that day and was not getting any breaks yet. "Yes, what is this about, mate?" I am not getting paid enough for this.

The long-haired male and unofficial leader was not smiling either, unamused. "I received an urgent order from our queen," His lips pressed into a tight line. "She wanted Mary to be taken care of within the day"

"Excuse me, by 'taken care of' do you mean..." Ellis trailed off, furrowing his brows at this announcement.

A nod of Victor's head, "Precisely, she made it clear that our guest be gone permanently"

This order was not sitting right with the turbulent dark blue-haired man in the room, "I want to know why, if we get rid of her we might take longer to complete the fixing of the portal. Roger specifically stated we would require all the missing parts back after we killed the creatures who barged in on us back home. Mary's knowledge of these...overblots and places we go to are helpful to avoid getting in danger" Ellis pointed out.

Victor stared at him, unblinking. "Why are you overreacting? Have you formed a bond with our guests? You know we cannot and it's a rule the queen gave"

Bullcrap–but Ellis found it hard to lie, did he form a bond without knowing it? "I am but stating facts, any emotional attachment is unnecessary!" It was facts, despite Mary's airheadedness and inability to fight, what she knew about the blots thing was helpful. "She is cooperating with us!" His hands clenched into fists.

The entire time William remained motionless with an aloof expression, he finally turned his back on them and was about to walk out.

"Rex, this meeting is not concluded, where are you headed to?" Viktor asked loudly.

William was unfazed, "If Ellis is unwilling to do it, I will carry out the task and get this over with," That said he held the knob and pulled the door open, walking out of the room.

These villains' hearts are starting to waver, how pathetic–she thought they would be different and unlike the brash students at Night Raven College, these men would be able to carry out her will properly. She went above and beyond for them to experience another world aside from Cradle–spoiling them with vast experiences and at the end of this, they are just as weak as the previous ones.

...

Perhaps it would be a lot better to do the task herself?

How fun, then she shall give it a try.

...

A rose, no matter how blooming and red is still going to wither.

...

Mary was found, she was curled up sleeping near a bank of the river, dirty, and her flat shoes' soles almost broken from running on the rough forest floor. There was a sign of heavy crying and her face was contorted with conflict. It was despicable, annoyingly so that amidst the scratches and dirt, she remained the little dawn of beauty mirroring her mother's.

She needs to be gone.

"I will enjoy tormenting you slowly" Nearby where Mary slept, thick gooey black liquid formed into the shape of a woman but without any face, she approached closer and ready to snuff the life out of this menace.