CHAPTER 19 ᖭི༏ᖫྀ

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

A deep scowl sculpted on Phoenix's face, her heterochromatic eyes were gleaming with disapproval and disappointment at this uncontrollable chaos that erupted within the day. She was almost led to believe by Vernie that maybe things would go smoothly and led them to a happy ending but it only waited for years before the menace popped its head out again to taunt them with its existence.

"I already told you this is not going to end the way you want it to be" The purple-haired stern reaper muttered after she materialized at the source of chaos, the danger level here was rapidly increasing and her senses were also on alert.

Everyone here was bound to overblot.

Tsk, a huge nuisance indeed.

Riddle was first, his mind was only occupied with one thing and a strong intense jealousy was enough to kickstart madness back to his system. He and William were engaged in a more troublesome brawl as both were not holding back on each other. While the rest of the men involved were not doing anything less, every single one of them contributed to Phoenix's headache.

"There you are, the cause of all this ongoing problem" Phoenix zeroed in on Mary who was backed away in a corner crying loudly as all her attempts to stop Riddle and William were pointless. Annoyance filled the stern reaper to the core, her judgment getting clouded by anger but this was righteous anger she was feeling, between her and Vernie's reasoning the latter was wrong about the redhead. "I am going to end this today"

Vernie had to perform high-level magic to return quickly and it took a toll on her magic circuit–she fell down the pavement panting, a hand to her chest as she felt her breathe was uneven and a black liquid trickled out of her nose–she was having a nosebleed and it only happened whenever she used too much magic. Whereas the Octavinelle Trio who had accompanied her was still in Wysteria Jade reassured Vernie he would explain to Azul and Floyd, he understood the importance of her significant other returning to Twisted Wonderland.

And at the sight of Lewis Capital, the pale-haired reaper thought her heart almost stopped.

"What is this...?"

Everyone was panicking, running here and there, others were fighting as if they were in a battle royale. Establishments were destroyed, fire blazing from stalls and a lot got injured by their own recklessness. But everyone had one thing in common–the black liquid, even those who bore no magic was showing an abnormal disturbing behavior.

Vernie brought her shaky hands to her lips in disbelief, "No this can't be–"

A floating blue tablet strangely floated towards the shocked reaper, "Vernie! Can you enlighten me here?" The confusion from Idia was evident through the gadget.

Idia's men showed up–the group of cyborgs responsible for controlling damages related to overblots but they were outnumbered and even defeated by the townspeople.

Those azure and yellow eyes glanced at the tablet, "Idia I just got here...I don't know why it ended up like this"

"See the overblot graph spiked up in a matter of seconds, that's a dang record" Idia stated pointedly, annoyed and also stressed. "And this seemed an evolved type of blot, my men are having a hard time placating them."

This was too much, hearing about it only made Vernie feel unsure and confused. "Don't you have any good news to share?" It was laced with subtle sarcasm.

"Oh no, I brought you nothing but pure terrible news" Idia replied sarcastically too. "I don't have time to catch up maybe we can once this is taken care of? Do know that this is not the only land I am catering, other kingdoms and places are experiencing the same thing it's already pandemic–"