The Friend (EDITED)

In the isolated home away from prying eyes, she existed

Away from any source of life nor company, it was safely nestled. One of warmth, of comfort and overall radiated kindness. It looked lonely at times, the way it stood being the only piece of human construction for miles and miles.

However, there she was. The owner of this piece of land and the singular building on top of it. Her eyes were gently shut as she hummed. A delicate smile placed on her lips as she danced around her home so gracefully, you couldn't hear a single step. The soft music playing through her phone atop a kitchen counter, barely above a whisper.

The weight that supposedly be extremely painful for most, actually felt like nothing to her. No signs of discontent as she uses a pair of scissors to clip away excess leaves.

The bundle of flowers she was focused on were in various shades of pink and white. The previous wrappings were tossed aside as she spun on one foot, tossing away the pile of clippings then proceeding to cut diagonally at the ends of each flower stem.

Flowers were not common, especially in the weather this home and the rest of the country was currently blanketed by. Russia was known for it's colder climates and it wasn't a secret to anyone. But of course, she had to get her hands on them somehow.

Natalya was one for the spontaneous. The unplanned and thinking on a whim was simply second nature. For one, you could commonly find her nose deep in a book, studying the arts or traveling. Italy, Russia, Greece, and even France were her most recent adventures as she sought for more and more to learn.

However, it was often she thought of her past. Throughout her life in the 1500's to early 1600's specifically. Natalya was blessed to have opportunities in multiple productions, though it was common knowledge that women weren't allowed on stage at the time. She always made it apparent to disregard anyone's feelings. It was perfectly alright to be a little selfish and take advantage of her gifts. What she said is what would happen. No objections allowed. It was often she would say, 'It's not a man's world and it's about time everyone knew that'

In between countless faked deaths and travel, there was one thing Natalya's mind would end up thinking of. No matter how much she tried to deny it, she was lonely. She loved pets, flowers, and she loved her family dearly. But she could never fade away and pass like they would. She wanted to spend her lifetime beside someone who wouldn't make her heart ache when she lost them. Natalya wanted a mate. Many times, she recalled her mother saying she needs a strong man in her life to stand behind. To which she would reply, 'Stand behind? I'm made for the spotlight, mother. Either he's beside me or he can simply leave.'

The loneliness had eaten at her for decades upon decades. Take her dear friend Carlisle for example. She would receive letters from him many a time telling of the happiness he's gained since leaving the Italian Coven, The Volturi. She was happy, of course! But, it was times like these she would feel like giving up. Forcing things to happen will always end in disaster.