The Soulmate

As she made her way up to the front door of the Cullen's home, she noticed the earthy smell that coated the entire place.

Sure, they were surrounded by forestry. Which makes sense! But there was something more. It was like the scent of warmth, the scent of familiarity and almost light? It tattered Natalya's brain trying to decipher how to describe it. But she simply continued to divulge in it as she was presented to the front door.

Carlisle stepped aside, allowing Esme and Natalya both to enter the home before himself. A gentlemanly habit of his that Natalya always noticed since they first met. He was always a man of class and elegance. Especially when it came to Esme.

Hoping to catch the whiff of the sweet honeyed home once again, Natalya unfortunately grew repulsed.

The beautiful pheromones have been contaminated by a pungent and also putrid odor. It almost reminded her of wet beef... or was it a dirty dog? It was rancid and forced her to cough loudly as Carlisle ushered them into the living room space.

Natalya can't say she hated Shapeshifters... No, really! She just disliked the smell. They were interesting nonetheless, when they weren't trying to kill her back in the day. They also always had a habit of leaving a mess.

Her honey eyes darted towards the living room and easily had mapped out the whole house. Quite a beautiful home if you ask her. Large windows, beautiful pieces of art, and a stunning kitchen which looked as if it was barely ever used. It probably never will be either.

The boots, regardless of her quick strides, made not a single noise as she walked forward towards the large living space, Carlisle and Esme followed closely behind.

Immediately on entrance, she was stopped and met with many Eyes. Ranging from Red to Gold. Another set was a deep brown.

Hm, the shapeshifter.

"You must be Natalya. It's an honor to meet you." A bronze haired young man said, his gold eyes held warmth. He slightly towered over Natalya, his smile soft and he held out a gentle hand which she firmly grasped.

"You must be Edward, it's lovely to meet you but sadly, this isn't in the exact...way I pictured it." A new guest said gravely as she threw a glance to the small girl sitting on the couch, the irregular heart piquing her interest. She sat between a dark haired female and a golden tanned boy who held a protective posture towards the little one.

Now that, I have to know about. I love some good drama.

"I am Natalya Miniati, An old friend of Carlisle's. I am here to support his family in any way that I can. Coming here straight from Russia was a little rough however." She joked, casting a sweet gaze at the little face she found so adorable. A heavily built man cracked a small smile. A smirk playing on his lips. "I'd like you to meet my family," Carlisle began as the members of the coven began to draw close.

"Edward, his wife Bella, Renesmee, Rosalie, Emmett. Normally I'd introduce you to Jasper and Alice but they aren't with us at the moment." He spoke as Natalya stood to greet and make acquaintances. If she thought hard enough, she would've never sat in the first place. Oh well. One thing she knew, that tanned boy continued to bore his dark gaze into her as if to give his life and defend the child she currently was a few feet from.

Even in front of the parents? Sheesh, he's definitely in for it.

"Beautiful family Esme, I'm ever so happy for you. Especially dealing with Carlisle." Her laugh sounded of bells, teasing her dear old friend whose children all smiled and let out small breathy laughs and chuckles.

"Thank you." Esme grinned as her family sat down, she looked to her mate for him to continue his role call. "You've met the Denali." Carlisle said as she smiled in their direction, Kate automatically came up to latch the woman in a tight hug.