The Walk

"Seth, Do you mind?" I politely asked, after a few hours of shenanigans with the boys as Renesmee built a sandcastle, her little voice could be heard yelling at Jacob to get more water.

"O-Of course not!" He stuttered suddenly. His tanned skin warm to the touch as my lukewarm hand brushed his.

"You're warmer than expected." He commented quietly. I let out a laugh.

"It's because of my gift." I commented as he followed my pale little footsteps that left not a single crunch in the brush.

"I like it. So, why'd you invite me with you? Not that I mind of course."

"Just thought I'd get to know one of Jacob's close friends." I replied smoothly, his feet following in loud sounds in contrast to my delicate ones as we walked side by side.

He whimper quietly, like a small pup does. How cute and oddly attractive."Oh, okay."

"Of course," I began "you are my favorite by far." A ghost of a smile appeared on my face as he began to blush, his lips up turned slightly.

"Really? I would've thought Paul was a bit more your speed. He's always popular." He grumbled at the thought of Paul.

I brushed his skin slightly as my small hand curled around his bicep. "I'm not really one to play favorites often," I chuckled, "but I think I'll make the exceptions for you." His lips formed a smile. The blush began to redden. His heartbeat quickened.

"Oh so I'm special?"

"Very."

"I'm honored." He boasted mockingly. Giggles escaped my lips from his humorous comment.

"So, what's your lifestyle like? What are your favorite activities?" He questioned as he raised his right arm which grazed a few tree branches above us that in my mind I noted, I wouldn't be able to touch with my short height, he's so tall.

"I'm from all over honestly, I've only ever been interested in the arts, I really do love dance. I wish I was still human sometimes, so I could experience things as a true human, but my gift makes that easier on me." I droned on as he cocked his head.

"What is your gift anyway? You like an elemental or something?"

I laughed at how curious he was being, not every day you meet a vampire who's gift just isn't the same as everyone else.

"I'm a master of mimicry. I copy things. Copy any gift."

"Whoa! Really? Do something" Seth's eyes could tell me how excited he was inside.

"Hmm...okay." I said thoughtfully as I let my body become solid ice, then Magma, then Bark and back to normal.

"Do you mind if I say something, Nat?"

"Go ahead."

His eyes scanned my skin, still in fascination. "Your gift is so beautiful." He commented.

My lips curled into a smile, "Aw thank you, Seth." My cold dead heart felt warmth as his compliment echoed in my mind. No one has ever told me my gift was beautiful. I've never felt so appreciated in my cursed but blessed gift.
"I'm so glad someone appreciates the light of my gift and does not dwell on it's dark affairs like many in my earlier ages have chosen to notice more so of."
"It's crazy how all of that could be in one Host, right? Like how do you keep it all under control?"
"..I don't. I simply only scratch the surface of my powers. I have so much to yet discover, so much to learn and understand. It'll only get harder as I grow wiser." I sighed, kicking at the rocks below my bare feet.

"We should head back, yes?" I continued, the awkward silence between me and Seth was eating at me and I craved to escape it.
"Oh yeah! Let's go head back and see what's up." He smiled as we began to circle around and head towards the direction we originally came.

Our walk back was silent but in the silence there was peace. The Peaceful silence I enjoyed because only in silence can you focus on what you empathize in feeling. I could feel his heart beating, every breath I could hear, every step, and the warmth in my own corpse of a body that I appreciated more so than I ever thought I would.

I'm not sure if I felt a love more intimate with Seth. But I did positively feel it with my dear handsome, Benjamin.
In the short time I've spent with him...I can feel myself growing more attached. He's different. He's new to areas such as Forks. What a wonder it would be to take him back to Russia with me.

We could be together. More so than we are now. The Volturi wouldn't have to know about me and him. If I mustered enough strength, I could begin a Mind sweep of their elite. If so, they would ultimately forget everything about the Cullen's and my newly introduced companions.

Snapping back into reality, I realized me and Seth returned to Jacob, My favorite little halfling, and a group of bodies the same shade as coffee with creamer.

Humph, did I really just compare the pack to Coffee? With Creamer? I can't tell if I'm being sarcastic, serious, or maybe just stressed.
I can feel my body shudder at the ideas of the Volturi coming. Sickening bastards. The idea of Renesmee being taken from her family also because of a misunderstanding. It's simply unfair.

"Hey! What's up? Me and Nes just finished our Sand Castle!" Jacob exclaimed, being quite prideful in Nesmee's artistic structure.

"Jakey!" Renesmee called, to which he head whipped around, to be faced with a handful of sand to the face.
I suppressed my smile as Seth bursts out laughing, "Talk about a love hate relationship."

"Seth!" Laughing at his term, however, he immediately whimpers at my comment. "Don't be foolish. I am but only teasing."

Seth's mood changes quickly again, perking up the minute he sees the smile etch my face. He's very... different than Benjamin. More open with his emotions. Benjamin is definitely affectionate and sweet. But Seth has. A more immature side that brings me in. I may not be utterly in love with him. But he was a sweet guy and a pretty good friend so far.

I'm worried, though. If Aro happened to get his hands on Benjamin...or even Seth. I wouldn't be able to control myself. I'd immediately sacrifice my life for theirs. I'd rip them all apart. Jane, Alec, all of them. I'd lose absolutely control.

"Aunt Lya? Are you okay?" Renesmee was pulling at my clothing, her brows furrowed. Seth's hand resting on my shoulder. His warmth running through my skin. Igniting some sort of fire inside me. Enveloping me in it.
"Of course, Love. I'm completely fine. Just daydreaming is all." Now, if that were true, I'd be fine. Daydreaming is usually positive. This however. Masking my fear within myself. Masking what would happen.

___________