The struggle

Heading back to the Cullen home was one of pure bliss. Renesmee had a lot of fun. Despite, the difficulty that had happened between Jacob and Sam, things between them has turned quite positive as they slowly take in, who she is.

Maybe, not enough to jump in front of a speeding bullet for her, but enough to tolerate her presence as Jacob's Imprint.

"Oh, Aunt Lya! I can't wait to tell mom all about it. Wait til you see my room back at home too! You haven't even seen it yet!" She raved, Jacob seemingly taking in every word and letting them echo in his mind, savoring every moment with her.

"Of course, Love." I reply, pulling to a stop on the Gravel surrounding the house, cutting the engine.

With a swish of my hand, the doors unlocked and drawing open. With a pull from the handle on the back of the passenger seat, it slide forward, letting Renesmee come out from her previous seat.

"Home, sweet Home." I recalled, mostly to myself.

-------------

That night we all sat around a Bonfire. Well, at least, some of us.
Benjamin and I sit with each other as
Jacob grins, rubbing his hands together, "That's what I'm talkin' about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories."

With a glance around to the others, "Or just standing around like Freakin' Statues."

Garrett appears suddenly, one boot propped up, a smirk playing on his lips, he draws a finger and pans it across at each of us,

"Name any American battle! I was there."

"Little Bighorn." Jacob states,

Garrett leans closely in, fingers holding up a small space,
"I came this close to biting Custer, but the Indians got him first."

My laughter was not contained as another voice Chimed in,

"What about Oleg's Assault on Constantinople ? He didn't win that one on his own."

"The seven year war," Chimed in The Irishman to my left. My thoughts consumed me, however.
I kept my mind on my talk with Seth. No, not romantically, but it did strike a chord within me. My gift, is something that is but a dark source of power within me. But maybe, with Love and Appreciation, it could be beautiful can it not?

Drowning out the voices around me, I continued my thoughts. What if I lose control one day?
"Natalya, can I Speak with you?" Carlisle's voice echoed in my head as I brought myself back to reality. Benjamin, beside me, caressing my hand, gives me a smooth smile. One that puts my cold heart at ease. He had this way, with his actions, that even the simplest of movements, had me feelings things I wasn't used to. As if, Jasper were here with us, using his gift upon me. That type of emotional strength Jasper conducted, I felt naturally with Benjamin.

"I'll be just a moment," Kissing his cheek, I turn from him, standing up delicately, and walking toward Carlisle as the others continued their stories.

Once me and Carlisle are in a moment of privacy, he turns to me.
"I know this is not comforting, Natalya. But as your oldest friend I must ask you for a larger favor than your aid as a Witness."
My brows furrow and I feel my stomach twist.

"I will do all I can for you, Old friend. You know that."

He smiles painfully, I do not wish to pry into his mind to seek truth. As his friend, I wish to hear it naturally. "If we, perhaps perish by Aro's doing. I want you to keep my family safe. I need you to please promise me, to save as many of us as possible in case of emergency."

"Carlisle, I will do all I can for you and all here tonight. I do not plan on leaving you to be rubble underneath Aro's feet. With my strength I'm sure I could lead everyone to safety, I-"

"We cannot let Aro get you-"

"He won't. Benjamin would never and he'd die before getting his hands on me. I know I'm still in practice of my gifts, Carlisle. But please, in a state of chaos, I can and will try my best."

He shakes his head, "Even with your strength, to use all your gifts, to use more than one is Suicide. I am asking you a great deal."

"You're asking me to perform an Honor. I will die for these people."

"You act as if we don't care about you enough. You and I both know, Benjamin, Seth, and others here in our coven, would seek revenge."

I turn away from him, "My friend I fear what you speak now...is partially true."

"What do you mean?"

"I can feel it. Carlisle. I can feel it deep in me." My arms crossed, rubbing them in concern.
"Something is going to happen to me. At night, when I do not feel comfortable enough to use my gift to sleep. They whisper."

Carlisle, his eyebrows furrowed, reaches for my shoulder, however I quickly whirl around. "I fear, Benjamin will not be able to love me in the amount of time we hope we have together."

"Natalya, you are one of the most magnificently gifted Vampires I have come across. You have never reached a breaking point, nor a point of no success. You can, You will, and You are able to prevail."

My faltering smile, even as I tried my best to push a genuine moment of bliss in show words, faltered to a blank stare. My eyes casting over back to our bonfire. I could see Benjamin, his smile etching his face.

As if he knew I was looking, he turned his head towards the darkness me and Carlisle were consumed in. We were quite a distance away. But my Benjamin, knew when I was thinking of him every time.

His lips, forming a little smirk, his crimson eyes staring into my golden ones contrasting against the fire and the darkness.

"I love him. Carlisle I know it's sudden but I can feel it. We're meant to be. But if I leave him... If....If I may...Please. Keep him safe. I pray to whatever god that's out there."

I turn towards Carlisle, if I could cry I would be in this very moment.

"If I die,"

"May it be for the one I love the most."