Chapter 2 Warm Breezes

Just as soon as I said goodbye to Kansas, I am opening my eyes as we are getting ready to land in Jacksonville, FL. I put my stuff away to prepare for landing and watch out the window as we land. As soon as the plane lands, I can feel weight off my shoulders, and I smile. I pull out my phone and quickly text Tryston that I have landed. 

I grab my bag and follow the line of people and head to where I can exit the terminal. I roll my eyes as people take forever to exit. Finally, I exit the terminal and head out and look around to spot Tryston, quickly I spot him and his little kiddo. I run over and greet them with a hug. 

"Sage! I am so glad you made it safely did your flight go okay." I grin as his kid gives me a hug and I pick her up. 

"Yeah, I slept most of the flight. I have a checked bag coming through, want to go with me to get it." His little girl Nadia nods, and Tryston shows me the way to the checked bag area to find my ginormous suitcase that is covered in stickers. Nadia giggles as she points at my suitcase and Tryston picks it up. 

"I parked out front so it would be easier for us to get out of here. Have you ate anything?" Nadia tugs on my hand as we head out into the warm breeze of the Florida air. I follow them to Tryston's pickup as he puts my suitcase in the back.

"Not since early this morning, to many nerves to eat much today." I shrug as I watch Tryston buckle Nadia into her car seat. I get into the front seat and pull out my phone to quickly send texts to let everyone know I made it safley. 

"Well Trish is making seafood alfredo tonight and she put extra on for you. So if you want to come over and eat, and then we can head to your new place later. When did the movers say they would get your stuff to Florida?" Tryston pulls out into Florida traffic easily navigating his way. 

I shake my head not ready to drive in this insane amount of traffic. "Trish is the best cook, so of course I can't deny her food. The u-haul movers said moving across state that my stuff should be here in two days."  

Tryston laughs as Nadia starts cheering that I am coming over. "If you want to crash with us tonight you can, I know your new furniture doesn't get delivered till tomorrow. Plus, you rented the place right across from me so I can help as much as I can. Trish mentioned your welcome to come see the kiddos whenever." 

I smile and look back at Nadia making airplane noises. "I would love that, plus kids make all the depression go away. I have a job interview next week, but I have everything paid in advance for the new place and quite a bit put away in savings for basically working myself to death before moving. So until my interview I can help Trish with the kiddos when I'm not decorating." 

Tryston nods and turns on the music and I look out the window and take in the scenery of Florida. I check my phone and quickly post a picture of the pretty scenery on my snapchat story. I take a deep breathe and jam to the music excited to start fresh. 

Pulling up to Tryston's place, I see Trish outside with their baby girl Olive in the swing. We get out and Tryston gets Nadia out of the car seat and she immediately runs to be put in the swing next to her sister. I laugh and walk up to Trish and give her a hug. 

She looks at me with a big smile and squeezes my shoulders, "It's so good to see you girlie, the girls were so excited when I told them you were coming that Nadia insited to go with daddy." 

I laugh and smile at her, "I was even more excited when Tryston told me that you were making food, your food is always so amazing." 

She rolls her eyes and laughs,"Don't go telling everyone that or everyone will beg for me to feed them." We both giggle and watch as tryston pushes the girls in their swings. 

She looks at me and gives me another squeeze, "I know this is so hard for you, but I am here for you while you heal honey." 

I try not to tear up and I give her a sad smile, "I am just so delighted that I have already met some amazing people that can help me down here. Thank you both of you." 

She nods and we both go up and play with the kiddos before we have to go inside and eat supper. After supper, while they are busy cleaning up with the kiddos I sit on the couch and pull up my phone. 

I pull up Facebook and start scrolling through what everyone has posted. I feel that ping in my chest again when I see Dalton post another party picture with his dog and his friends. I was so close with his dog, and it really hurts that I left her, I even left my own dog behind. 

"You should really stay off social media." I look up and see Tryston standing in the doorway. I roll my eyes and put my phone down in my lap. 

"What else do you expect me to do?" He sits on the couch across from me as Nadia runs and jumps in his lap with her new pajamas. I giggle as she starts playing with his long hair. 

"Well until you let Trish or I block him on your phone, or else you do it yourself." I sigh and watch as Nadia plays with her dolls in his lap. 

"I know but I was going to try to stay friends, but that hasn't worked very well has it?" He looks at me and raises an eyebrow. 

"Do I need to remind you of the 2 hour phone call with you crying a few weeks ago." I smile and shake my head. 

"No you don't, I get it. Moving on, something that is really hard to do. Thank you, again to both of you for being there for me. You guys are like family." Nadia crawls over and starts playing with my hair and I smile at her. 

Trish comes into the room and smiles, "Well you are family to us Sage. Nadia, it's time to go to bed, should we show sage the spare the bed."

Nadia squeels and pulls me up to show me the spare bedroom. I laugh and give her a hug after looking around. 

"Goodnight Nadia, listen to mom and dad and go to sleep okay. We can play tomorrow." She cheers and skips out of the room and trish follows behind her. 

"If you need anything just text one of us. You already know where most stuff is, please try to get some sleep." I nod and Tryston closes the door and I fall back onto the bed. I squeeze my eyes shut blocking the tears. Starting over, starting fresh and healing all the broken pieces. I got this.