Chapter 9 Great Surprises

Waking up I feel someone shaking me, "Sage, Sage come on wake up." I rub at my eyes and open them to see Trish in front of me. "Wakey wakey Sage. I got a surprise for you." 

I sit up and steady myself after sleeping off the affects of the medicine. I quickly look over and see Ash isn't there anymore. I look over at Trish, "What are you talking about Trish? What kind of surprise?"

She smiles and stands up holding her hand out to me, "A wonderful surprise, come on it's almost 8pm." 

I grab her hand and stand up, she heads to the front door and I follow her. "Where is my surprise?" 

She laughs and turns to me before she opens the door, "Okay you have to trust me, give me your hands and close your eyes." 

I look at her a bit curiously and does as she is told. I close my eyes and hold onto her hands tightly. She leads me out the front doors and I follow her with my eyes shut. I hear her giggle a bit, "No peaking Sage, I will know if you do."

I laugh and follow her, she leads me across the street and I feel a draft as I am lead into another house. 

"Where are we Trish?" She giggles and positions me and lets go of my hands. 

Trish pats my hand, "Stay there, do not open them yet!" 

I hear a couple hushed voices and then, "SURPRISE!" 

I open my eyes and see my entire house assembled and decorated with the bright neon colors and lights that I love. I look at everyone and even see Trish's friends Summer and Zach that I met. 

"Oh my god! You guys this looks so amazing." I fan away the tears and Tryston comes up to me holding Nadia. 

Tryston smiles while Nadia hands me a friendship bracelet, "Nadia made this for you while we decorated your house. We wanted to do this to help you create new memories and a better environment."

I brush away the tears again and mouth a thank you to Trish who is bouncing Olive. I slip Nadia's friendship bracelet onto my wrist and look around the room. 

I see Levi come up to me and he smiles, "I hope you like it. Tryston ask all of us to help you settle in so the girls did the shopping and we put it together." 

Trish giggles at his comment as she comes up to me. I look at Levi and shake his hand, "Thank you Levi. This is the best surprise yet."

I look over at Trish who points me to a skinner blonde blue eyes and black hair baby on her hip, "That right there is Summer and her baby is Malachi. She is one of my best friends Her fiance next to her is Zach. They moved here not to long ago." 

I smile adoring the cute baby attached to Summer playing with her hair, "That is sure a cute baby. Thank you for doing all of this Trish. I can't wait to meet new friends as well. I honestly have no idea what to do to thank you."

She giggles and winks at me as Ash walks up to us. "I will talk to you later Sage. You don't owe me anything."

I smile at her and turn to look at Ash. I look up into his green eyes, "Hey. Sorry if I freaked you out earlier."

He looks down at his toes and back up at me, "You didn't freak me out I promise. I was more worried about you than anything. I haven't seen a lot of people have panic attacks like that in a while. You still holding up okay."

I shrug and look up at him, "Still feeling pretty woozy from my medicine, but otherwise I am holding up okay. Did you help with all of this?"

His smile widens, "Have you seen the bedroom yet?"

I look at him a bit confused, "No why?"

He heads that direction and I follow him. He opens up the door and lets me inside first. I look up at him a bit confused and then head into the bedroom. He flicks on the light switch and the fairy light glow lights up from around the ceiling and the headboard of the California king bed. 

I spin around and look at the wall with shelves put together with all of my wiccan stuff. I smile looking at my hanging crystals from the window. Ash points up the ceiling "You might want to look up."

I look up and that is when I see half of the moon and half the sun on my ceiling along with stars that light up. I open my mouth in awe and look at my brand new bed set that is the moon phase. 

I look over at Ash who is leaning in the doorway smiling. "Do you like it? It was kind of my idea because I saw your pentagram necklace. Trish helped me pick stuff out at the store."

"I love it so much, it feels weird to call this room all to myself." I wipe away the tears and spin around looking at everything again smiling. 

"Trish is probably looking for you, so we should head back to the living room." I look at Ash and nod and follow him out to of the room. Before we head to far, I look back at the dream catcher hanging above the bed and smile. I can't help but feel truly at home for once. 

Walking out into the living room I walk up next to Ash, I look around and see everyone visiting and playing with the kids. I look up at Ash and can't stop smiling. 

He looks down at me puzzled, "Why are you staring at me smiling."

I look out at the room and look and Trish and Tryston laughing as Nadia acts like a princess, "I finally feel like I can make myself a home and have some friends. Is this true happiness?"

I hear Ash laugh behind his breath, "Yeah when you feel that warmth inside, that's happiness." 

I smile at those words and think to myself. I can truly make myself a home.