Chapter 26 The New Car

Ash nudges me after finishing with my hair, "Are you still awake or did I make you fall asleep?"

I giggle and turn around to face him, "No, you didn't make me fall asleep. You just are so relaxing."

Ash kisses my nose, "Well I try my best. However I am sure that Summer will be here soon. You should probably get everything together."

I sigh and slowly get out of bed grabbing my phone and purse. Before I can turn around Ash wraps his arms around me and kisses my neck.

I giggle, "Ash that tickles you know."

He chuckles and lets me go, "Well at least I am learning your tickle spots."

My phone dings, and I open it to see a text from Summer that she is about to pull up. Ash hands me his hoodie and I look at him confused.

Smiling, he walks with me to the front door, "It might rain today and I want to make sure you're prepared."

I can't help but smile from ear to ear as I lock the front door behind us.

I turn and look up at him, "You are so kind and thoughtful. I hope you have a good day at work, if you get bored you can text me."

Ash puts his hands on my face and pulls me in kissing me so gently and softly. I lean into him and melt against him, Ash pulls away and gives me a tight hug.

I look over and see Summer and Zach pull up in their minivan, looking back up at Ash he chuckles, "I love you Sage. Send me a lot of pictures."

I kiss his cheek, "I love you too, I will see you soon hopefully."

The side door to the the minivan opens up and Elaini greats me with a smile, "Hey girlie!"

I laugh and hop into the van shutting the door, "Hey guys!"

Summer laughs, "I am so excited for this girl day!"

I smile and look out the window as Ash gets into his truck and waves to me goodbye before he pulls away. I feel a poke in my arm and I look over at Elaini grinning at me.

I turn towards her, "What's up?"

Summer looks back at us, "I think we all wanna know why you are glowing so brightly?"

I look at her shocked, "What do you mean?"

Elaini laughs, "Oh my god Sage! You are literally glowing, lit up like a neon sign. Spill the beans, what have you and Ash been up to."

I blush and Summer smiles, "Trish told me this morning that Trystan went to work alone because Ash took the morning off. What was that about?"

I feel my face turning bright red, "Gosh, Am I that easy to read?"

Elaini nods, "Yes you are. So spill all the tea, how is your relationship with him going?"

I let out a dreamy sigh and look out the window past Elaini, "It has been so great honestly. That is very scary for me to admit that because I am scared of things falling apart. However, he held me all night long and his hugs feel so familiar and safe. It's almost like I found a missing piece of me, but I don't want to ruin it. I am scared to take it to fast."

Elaini and Summer stare at me both with a big wide grin on their faces. I look back and forth between both of them confused, "What? What did I say?"

Summer looks at Zach and back at me, "Sage. I have never seen Ash like that with anyone except his ex. I understand you don't want to take it to fast. However, when you fall in love with someone, time is different. It's different for everyone, some people wait years to get married, and yet some get married within a year. Both those couples have been together for a long time no matter the difference. So, my advice is you just enjoy it and keep falling harder in love with him each day."