(Part 2) 🌟The beginning of the celebration🌟

"Remember the plans for today, Sunny?" my mom asked as we looked around town.

"Of course, Mom!" I replied with a smile.

I was chosen to lead the celebration, which is an honor that I'm really grateful for. But to be honest, it feels a little overwhelming at times, especially since this is my first time experiencing it. However, I'm not letting that get to me. Right now, I'm on my way to Violet's flower stand to pick up some lovely flowers, and then we'll wait until sunset to perform a special ritual to ensure that the Wither never returns again. It's going to be an amazing day!

🌸 ❤️ 🪽

As we finally arrived at Violet's stand, I spotted her from afar, flashing a warm smile at us. She was a jovial middle-aged woman with a kind face, who always had a way of making me feel at ease. As she approached us, she greeted me with her signature nickname, "Hey there, my sunshine! Are you ready for your big day?" she asked playfully, knowing full well that I didn't really like the moniker.

I felt a lump in my throat but managed to reply, "Yeah, I guess so. Sorry if I seem a bit nervous and random today."

"Don't worry about it at all! It's completely understandable to feel scared," she reassured me as she handed me the flowers. "But don't you worry, I'll be in the crowd keeping an eye out for you so that none of these meanies make fun of you."

I felt grateful for her reassuring words and smiled at her. She was one of the few people in this town who understood my anxiety and always made me feel better. As we left Violet's stand, I felt more confident than ever. The thought of Violet cheering me on from the crowd made me feel like I could conquer the world.

However, my excitement got the better of me, and I couldn't even stay still as my mom tried to put the flowers in my hair. I kept fidgeting and moving around, which made it difficult for her to fix my hair.

"Sunny please stay still. This part is very important and I want you to look handsome," my mom said, her voice tinged with a hint of exasperation.

"Sorry!" I squeaked, realizing how important this moment was for her. I tried my best to stay still and let her finish the task at hand.

🌸 ❤️ 🪽

As we strolled into the town center, I noticed some chairs set up on the stage for today's celebration. Kids were playing games, grown-ups were chatting, and the town elder sat calmly. My mother spotted him and walked up to him, and I followed her.

"Hi there, have we missed anything?" she asked with a hint of nervousness.

"No, Molly and Sunny, you're just in time," the elder replied in a deep voice. "Sunny, are you ready for the celebration?"

"Absolutely, sir!" I replied quickly, even though I couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy around him. Maybe it was his age, or something else, but I decided to enjoy the celebration and listen to him as the night went on.

"Great, now could you please ask everyone to find a seat?" he grumbled, with a hint of impatience and frustration in his eyes. As I followed his request, I scanned the crowd for Violet, my friend. I wanted to wave at her, but she looked sad. I was about to ask her what was wrong when the elder asked me to join him on the stage. I nodded and made my way up there with him. He followed me closely.

As I sat down, I noticed two more people on the stage, Mark and Mindy, the newest couple in town. I wondered why they were up there, but I didn't want to interrupt the elder as he began to speak.