(part 5) 🌸Job🪽

The night was quiet, and a sense of calmness filled the air as they lay in their bed and couch, lost in the embrace of slumber. The first light of dawn slowly seeped into the room, casting a soft glow on their faces, illuminating the space. As they opened their eyes, they resumed their conversation, eager to pick up from where they left off the night before.

Xavier poured himself a cup of tea and spoke, "The people you lived with sound awful, but I would be delighted to have you help me at my shop."

I smiled back, feeling grateful for his kind offer. I had no idea what I was going to do after leaving my town, and the thought of having a job was reassuring.

"Thank you so much! I will try my hardest," I replied, lifting my eyes and sipping my tea. The warmth of the tea filled me with a sense of comfort and security, and I knew that I had found a new home.

As I pondered over the reason for his kindness towards me, I couldn't help but ask, "Though I must ask why you are helping me. We just met a day ago."

With a calm demeanor, Xavier took a sip of his tea and explained, "Well, you see. This place is not frequented by many, and I have made it my personal mission to assist anyone who may require my help. However, when it comes to seeking help for myself, I tend to refrain from asking, not that I lack friends who would be willing to lend a hand, but they are all caught up with their own busy lives."

I lowered my gaze to the steaming cup of tea in front of me, feeling a tinge of embarrassment as I spoke. 'Oh, I see,' I said softly, my tone apologetic. 'I'm sorry for asking,' I added, hoping to convey both my regret and my desire to avoid further offense.

Xavier's smile was reassuring as he looked at me, and then at the clock mounted on the wall. "Don't fret, everything's alright," he said in a soothing tone. "Are you ready to begin?" Xavier inquired with a hint of eagerness in his voice, his eyes sparkling with anticipation.

I responded with a quick and affirmative 'Yep!'