(Part 17) 🍁Dirt🍂

Sunny's POV
The warm sun shone down on us as we tended to the farmland. I was glad to have Xavier working alongside me, his company made the work easier. We were planting seeds and taking care of the crops when Xavier called me over to the front of his shop.

Curious about what he wanted, I walked over and saw Xavier and Mud chatting with an unfamiliar person. The newcomer was a little chubby, dressed in a pair of overalls and a dark reddish-orange T-shirt, and wore gloves. They had a lighter skin tone and dark brown, curly hair that was tied back in a loose bun. Their black eyes sparkled with friendliness, and their warm smile made me feel at ease.

I approached them and introduced myself, beaming with a smile. "Hi, my name is Sunny!" I said.

The newcomer smiled back and replied, "Well hello, my name is Delilah, but you can call me Dirt. And you probably already met my sister."

Mud interjected with a laugh, "It's so nice to see you again, dear sister. To be honest, I thought you would never get out of those caves."

Dirt crossed her arms and retorted, "Hey! It's not my fault that I like to do my work alone."

Xavier asked, "No shame in that, but it's been a while. I'm guessing you're gonna go on another trip, right?"

Dirt nodded and replied, "Yep! I won't be gone for too long, just selling some stuff here and there. Maybe I'll be able to sell some diamonds if I get lucky." Her soft smile revealed her excitement for the trip.

As I was engrossed in conversation with Xavier, Mud and Dirt I heard Willow's voice and jumped off in surprise. "What are you guys talking about?" she asked, grinning mischievously.

"When did you get here?!" I exclaimed, still trying to catch my breath.

"Oh, it's my specialty to show up out of nowhere, Sunny Reflection," she replied nonchalantly. "But anyways, I heard LumberJack was out of the caves, so I decided to give her a warm welcome." Willow smiled at me and continued talking.

"Let's see, now we have Sunny Reflection, LumberJack, Cinderella, and Muddy Puddle. Where is Smarty Pants?" Willow asked, looking around.

"Willow, don't even mention his name. I do not feel like dealing with him today," Dirt mumbled.

"You mean Jackson, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, Smarty Pants! She doesn't want to even hear about him because she has a big cru--"

Before Willow could even finish her sentence, Dirt immediately covered her mouth. "SHHH, we don't need to go spilling secrets now!" Dirt yelled.

I turned back to Xavier and Mud, who were nudging Xavier's shoulder. I couldn't help but wonder why.

We suddenly heard a voice calling out. "Did I hear my name?" The voice belonged to Jackson, who was walking towards us with a smile on his face.

However, Dirt, who was standing with us, didn't seem happy to see him and yelled at him, "Oh no oh no, no no no no get back with your condescending smile and go back to the forest or whatever you call your home."

Jackson, trying to be friendly, faked a frown and said, "That hurts my feelings, Dirt. I just wanted to greet you with a warm welcome back."

Xavier, tried to diffuse the tension by saying, "Jackson! We were just talking about you, so nice of you to show up."

To make things even better, Xavier offered to make us all tea, and we quickly agreed, heading inside his home to enjoy some warm tea on a perfect evening.