Vol 1 Ch 1: A visual paradise

I don't really like entrance ceremonies and I think many first-year students will agree with me. The opening ceremony marks the beginning of the most important period of a beginner's life. During the first few days, students should make friends so that they can fully enjoy school life with them. And if someone has failed in this field, then three whole years of sadness and loneliness await him. At least that's how I see it. If it hadn't been for that person's order not to hold back, I would have tried to make some friends and tried to establish decent human relations with them, after which I would have laid low. But, apparently, this will have to wait, because I have to become the leader of the class. Very sorry.

While I was thinking about it, I had already reached the office of my class. The large 1-D designation, located right on the sign near the front door, perfectly showed me who this class belongs to.

Once inside, I walked slowly to the place where the sign with my name was fixed. It was located at the farthest wall, next to a spacious window. Unfortunately, this place would be just perfect for my peaceful life.

The classroom was only half full of students. Someone was humbly looking through school materials, and someone was already trying to make friends here.

I wonder if I should try to talk to someone. Maybe I could make my first friend. Wait, what does the word "be friends" even mean? At what point do the people you talk to become your friends? Maybe it happens when you eat together? Or after going to karaoke together? I've heard that the process of taking a bath together really brings people closer together.

The more I think about it, the less I understand the whole situation. This is something very difficult, we need to think about it more...

– You?

I heard a sound that caught my attention. If you ask me, it would be worth suggesting that this is human speech belonging to a young girl. I managed to notice a beautiful female figure to my right. Her medium-sized breasts were tightly covered with a standard school uniform, as if this person did not like it when some individuals with certain tendencies to perverted things looked in her direction.

Hm? Long black hair? Infernally red, but at the same time eerily cold eyes? This is the same girl who looked at me on the bus. Apparently, we're in the same class. What an unpleasant coincidence... For some reason, I have a bad feeling about this.

– Is something wrong?

But still, she emphasized that I am me. That is, there is a possibility that my inconspicuous person is interested in something. Was it because I'm a guy and she's a girl? Or is the whole point of the situation that she really wanted to become my first friend?

– No, forget it.

She didn't seem to want to be my friend...

After saying that, she just sat down at her desk, took out a book and started reading it. Clearly, apparently, she is not interested in making friends or communicating with anyone at all. Also, maybe she's the same as me, just can't do it? Okay, I don't really care about that. I'm more interested in something else.

– Tell me, please, why did you stare at me so intently on the bus, and then also at the school gates?

When she heard my question, she answered me without taking her eyes off her book. Her voice and mood seemed really cold to me. It really hurts when you are so partially ignored and seemingly humiliated.

– Does it bother you that much?

– Yes, I'm worried about why you were staring at me so intently.

I've heard that when a girl looks at you, it's a good sign. More precisely, such a situation allows us to conclude that you are interested in a representative of the opposite sex in one way or another.