eight.

the group of three arrived in copenhagen after a long three hours.

they got a hotel by the airport so they didn't have to take a million years to get to the airport on the day they have to leave. thankfully, emma got a room on the same floor. she got a room with two queen beds so aisha could hopefully stay when she gets back.

emma pulled into the hotel parking lot, following behind her was the car filled with changbin, minho, and felix. the car with chan, jeongin, and jisung was about 20-30 minutes behind because they had decided to get food somewhere.

"should i call them?" seungmin asked.

"please, we're not waiting eternities for them to arrive." changbin scoffed.

seungmin dialled jisung's number in hopes he would pick up.

"CHAN DRIVE FASTER, SEUNGMIN JUST CALLED!!" the call started off.

"i need to abide the driving laws i can't just speed down the fucking highway!!" chan sneered back.

"WELL THEY'RE PROBABLY GETTING IMPATIENT WITH OUR SLOW ASSES SO YOU BETTER GO AT LEAST 10 MILES OVER THE SPEED LIMIT!!" jisung ran a hand through his hair.

"it's okay, i understand, chan's just a grandpa who needs to take his time." seungmin giggled.

"you better watch your mouth young man." chan said, seungmin picturing him rolling his eyes.

"so sorry, seungmin, we'll be there soon! if chan drives faster." jeongin budged in. chan scoffed.

"alright, just wanted to make sure you're near!"

"oh no, we are! we're in copenhagen!" jisung then went back to yelling at chan. they could all hear jeongin laughing in the back.

seungmin hung up because they'd be here soon.

"why not we go wait inside? i don't feel like standing outside all day waiting for them." felix suggested. everyone nodded, so they went inside.

they brought in their luggage and got their cards, and waited in the lobby in front of the window to watch for the slowpokes.

the boys had gotten four rooms, two in each room.

finally, the grey car they had rented pulled into the parking lot, parking next to emma.

"look who decided to finally show up!" minho called as chan glared at him quickly. the three didn't even bring their luggage, they were that desperate about showing up that they just brought themselves.

the three got their cards and they went to see who had the same as them. the pairs ended up being seungmin and felix, jeongin and hyunjin, changbin and jisung, and minho and chan.

"seungmin why not you stay with emma? she's alone for crying out loud!" changbin whined.

"her friend is coming back from morocco tomorrow so i think she'll just wait!" seungmin said.

"and then i'd be alone!" felix pretended to cry.

"exactly!" seungmin agreed with felix.

"lars would go with you if he was here." emma muttered, nobody hearing it.

they walk to the elevator and press the floor number they were on. no one came with them, so it was just the nine of them. when they had reached the floor, the door opened and the youngest members started sprinting to their rooms. emma found hers, which was just before seungmin and felix's room. she opened the door and walked inside. it wasn't anything special, it looked like a normal hotel room.

emma then gets a knock at the door, followed by a voice saying 'room service!'

she laughed because it was obviously seungmin's voice, and opened the door to say hi.

"what did you bring me?" she chuckled.

"myself." he smirked. emma blushed. "anyway, would you like to play board games with felix and i?" he asked.

"sure! let me change into comfier clothes." emma said. seungmin said okay and went back to his room.

she changed into pajamas, which was a one direction take me home tour t-shirt and white and black and white checkered pajama pants. she got the one direction shirt from her older cousin. the shirt was a little big which made it good for nightwear.

she left her room and knocked on seungmin and felix's door, and was welcomed by seungmin. felix was setting up jenga, very focused on making sure it didn't already fall. there was also uno and monopoly on the bed closest to the window. their room wasn't anything special either, in fact it looked the exact same as emma's.

"i'm done!" felix says, proud of his jenga stacking skills.

the three sit on the floor and begin playing. emma goes first, going for one in the lower part. she's successful and puts it on top. seungmin pulls one from the side, and is also successful. felix goes, also pulls one from the side, and is successful.

they play for a bit, their tower becoming slimmer by the minute.

"you're probably going to be the one who knocks it down, felix," seungmin says, eyeing the piece felix is taking out.

"nonsense! im a pro-" crash.

"what did i say?" seungmin laughs evilly. felix crossed his arms out of frustration.

"okay, well, it had to come down at some point!"

"you were the one to make it happen, though." emma shrugs. felix scoffed.

they move onto uno, one of emma's favourites. she played this with her parents and now with her brother, almost always winning.

(a/n: im way too lazy and uncreative to think of dialogue 🤗)

felix ended up passing out halfway through, both emma and seungmin surprised he finds the floor comfy. as emma suspected, she ended up winning. for the third time in a row.

"wow, you're really good! good job!" seungmin clapped and congratulated her.

"i'm quite the competitive uno player," she crossed her arms to make herself look cool. seungmin giggled.

"i should probably head back," emma said, standing up and stretching.

as she headed to the door seungmin spoke up, "um-" is all he could say.

"hm?" emma turned around.

"nothing, nevermind." seungmin laughed nervously. emma smiled and left.

he mentally cursed himself for that. why did he miss his chance?

author's note—
hellooo how are we doing today?? i have my science exam tmrw but at least i can buy boba after school! there wasn't a whole lot for this chapter so sorry if it lacked a lot. also another rant for today is i was watching the inception mv for like the 1000th time and i had a fucking POWER BUMP so it disrupted the mv 😡 fuck power bumps man. also i finished a fic in like a yesterday so that was fun

okay well i hope you have a splendid day if i don't double update