twenty one.

6:45pm.

their plan could finally be executed.

emma had told her mom she and her friends would be going around seoul looking for their stray kids, not spying on her family members.

earlier, lars had stuck the airtag under dalrae's red sedan and paired it with his phone, as he's the 'tech master' of the group.

"what if this doesn't work? what if grandma and haneul really do have a job at 7pm on thursdays?" emma worried.

"your plan is fine, emma. not all criminal investigators can solve a case like that." lars reassures her. she nodded.

emma looks out the front window. "she's coming!" she points out.

since her grandma has such a huge property, she has two driveways. the pair hold their breaths in hopes she doesn't go the way they are. thankfully, dalrae goes the other way. they start to drive behind her when there's enough distance between the two vehicles.

~~~

about 30 minutes away, heeseo and aisha are watching a black car that's been parked outside of haneul's house for quite some time.

because haneul would be getting in another guy's vehicle, they couldn't put an airtag under that car, so they'd have to follow it closely. heeseo was gifted with the ability to listen and watch closely, so they hope they wouldn't run into any issues.

heeseo sees haneul coming out of her house and getting into the black car. once they turn at the stop sign, heeseo quickly drives up behind the car.

~~~

emma and lars haven't lost sight of dalrae's vehicle. surprisingly, she hadn't noticed a car following them, but then again they were behind some cars on the highway so dalrae probably couldn't tell.

half an hour later, they arrive at a rural part of seoul, in fact they're not even sure they're in seoul.

"is that the black car aisha told us about?" lars asks, pointing to a car in his rear view mirror.

"i think so, check the license plate she sent us." emma said, also checking behind her.

lars checked his phone to see what aisha said before, then back at the car behind them. "yes, that's the car."

both the red sedan and black car had gone up the long driveway to their secret hideout, so emma pretended to drive more, but in reality just pulling over when both vehicles couldn't see her anymore.

heeseo and aisha arrived not too long after, pulling over just before the driveway. the group of four began their hike up the driveway.

"do i get dinner after this because i was so reluctant to an expensive plane ticket to korea?" lars asked no one in particular.

"yes, we will absolutely get dinner." emma replied.

after about three minutes of walking, the group stumbled upon a mysterious building. they saw multiple black vehicles and dalrae's red sedan.

they all went to hide in the forest in case the property had security measures or was tampered with.

"good thing we moved, there's two security cameras at the front, the one on the right hopefully not seeing us." lars points to the door.

"we'd have to find a loose window or something to get in, if any." aisha suggested.

they sneakily search the perimeter and made it to the back, so the only thing they'd have to watch for is tripwires.

fortunately, they make it to the wooden fence with ease. all they have to do is scale it.

"why would they choose a wooden fence with smooth ridges? that's not very smart." lars joked. the three girls chuckled.

they all get over the fence fine and stay put to not set off any alarms. it wasn't that hard to climb over, it was even about an inch shorter than lars, who is 5'11.

as lars is the one with eagle eyes, he searches the enclosed yard for anything out of the ordinary.

"i don't think there are any cameras. but you never know." he concluded.

lars decides he'd go and see if there are any loose windows, as too much movement may set off a secret camera they may have hidden.

the first one was unsuccessful. so was the second. third times a charm. not. finally, the fourth one. reluctantly, it had a loose screw, so he takes out the window strategically, careful not to make any noise. he squinted his eyes when he took it out, placing it on the ground when the job was finished.

"i'll stay on guard." heeseo volunteered.

before going down, aisha hands heeseo a walkie talkie. they make sure they're on the same channel, which they are. aisha clips the walkie talkie to the waistband of her pants and the three go down. it wasn't a leg breaking drop, they stably stood on their feet when they jumped down.

lars turns around and sees metal bars with eight boys on the inside and whispers the sight to the two girls.

chan notices them first and recognizes them as emma, lars, and aisha. he quickly tells the seven others and they all rush to the bars where they all meet up after so many days apart.

seungmin and emma make eye contact and hold hands, with the barrier unfortunately blocking them from hugging.

emma wants to cry but adrenaline is holding her back. she's so happy to see the boys are still okay, maybe, and they're alive.

they all make hushed conversation, so excited to see each other. this was the happiest day ever for both parties.

"how did you get down here??" seungmin asks excitedly.

"we found a loose window over there. surprised you didn't hear us!" emma said.

aisha calls heeseo and says they're okay and so are the boys, to which heeseo says she's okay too.

now all that's left to do is to set these guys free. how they were going to do that is unanswered.

all conversations halt as the eleven people hear the door creak from upstairs. the top of the stairs reveal an old woman, a young girl, and some big men.

emma gasps, "oh no."

grandma is the first to speak.

"fancy seeing you here, somin."

author's note—
wow hi guys a kinda short chapter sorrryyyy! i had a pretty good day today ngl i went to the movies with my friend and we went to see lisa frankenstein which was okay, but the fun part was we snuck in candy 🤭

i hope you had a good day today too and if you didn't i hope tmrw is better!