twenty two.

"fancy seeing you here, somin."

"her korean name is somin?" jeongin whispered to seungmin. he nodded.

"ha, if we were to ever make a ship name for seungmin and emma, their name could be minmin!" minho giggled.

chan punched him in the arm lightly. "not the time for jokes, lee minho."

emma rolls her eyes. "wish i could say the same."

aisha tried channeling heeseo but her walkie talkie glitches and they lose connection with heeseo. she grimaces at the broken walkie talkie.

two men went and grabbed lars and aisha and put them in the cell, now emma being the only one outside.

"why do you guys have stray kids hostage?" emma asks no one in particular.

"it's nothing personal." grandma responds, shrugging.

"it kind of is! those are my friends!" emma exclaimed. "also, why are you in this business?"

grandma starts giving her a whole history lesson on how she got involved in this.

basically, emma's grandpa was also in this mafia, but gave it up after her aunt was born. what he didn't know is that dalrae stayed in the mafia, going to meetings and doing financing for them. her grandpa never found out. then after his death, she used his inheritance money to buy the house she currently lives in and used it in the mafia.

haneul only found out about the mafia because dalrae accidentally brought her to a meeting. but when haneul got there and was in that meeting, she said that she was interested in this business and wanted to join. she did a whole swear to an oath thing and was sworn into the mafia.

no one else in the family knows about the mafia, only haneul, who has kept her promise of not telling anyone.

emma is stunned that her grandma would use her grandpa's money for this horrendous business, and that her cousin, at the ripe age of 17, would be involved.

as emma's about to make her break, a man catches her and also throws her into the cell.

dalrae gives her a smug smile before leaving with haneul and the men.

there is now 11 people in the same cell, all there for different reasons.

"do you guys know why you're being held captive?" lars breaks the silence.

"dalrae told us she's using us as blackmail because haneul didn't get into jype." chan replied.

emma scoffs, "as if that girl could even sing."

just seconds later, the group of 11 heard the door whip open upstairs and the sound of police sirens surrounding the building.

police raid the basement and spot the hostages, using bolt cutters to let them out.

they bring them upstairs and emma sees the delightful scene of dalrae and haneul being put into handcuffs. she also sees heeseo talking to some officers. she, followed by lars and aisha, run up to her. emma basically latches onto her, pulling her into a spine breaking hug.

"are you okay?" emma asked heeseo.

"yes, i am. i called the police after you guys got caught." heeseo said.

the three victims hugged heeseo.

"thank you so much, how will we ever repay you?" lars thanked her.

dalrae and haneul are lead out in cuffs. emma sticks her tongue out at her family members. haneul notices and scoffs, rolling her eyes.

the group of now 12 rejoice and cheer that their four days of hell are over.

a police officer walks over to them, "is it alright if we take the eight guys to the hospital for evaluations?"

they comply and said they would go with them once they're done their little reunion.

emma then personally hugs seungmin, "you have no idea how much i missed you."

"thank you for coming to find us, i don't even want to imagine what would've happened if it weren't for you guys." seungmin smiled.

"i'll explain to you tomorrow how we did it, it's late now and you guys need to go to the hospital."

the heroic group of four go to their own cars and drive home.

they drive to the hotel where aisha and lars are staying at. it was a little far and they were exhausted, but they powered through.

they get out of their cars and go in for a group hug, grateful for the good outcome.

"thank you for coming to korea, it probably wouldn't have turned out this way if it wasn't for your help." emma told aisha and lars.

"no, thank you for letting us help. and heeseo, thank you for calling the police. we're glad you were smart enough to stay out and guard." aisha said. heeseo smiled.

once they were done their little cry session they disperse and heeseo and emma go home.

emma drives up the driveway to her grandma's house, which she now knows was bought with her grandpa's money. it felt wrong going up the driveway now, it feeling eerie and unsettling; hopefully now they can sell the house so that unsettling feeling doesn't reoccur.

she goes inside and her parents and lukas immediately run up to her. they hug her tight, glad that she's not seriously hurt.

emma goes to the tv and to see if the story already hit national news, which it did.

the newswoman began speaking, "after four long days, stray kids were found at a mafia headquarters outside of seoul today at approximately 8:37pm. police swarmed the building and arrested 79 year old cho dalrae and her 17 year old granddaughter, along with many men."

the news also showed dalrae and haneul, the younger's face blurred because she's a minor, getting into cop cars. dalrae didn't show any emotion, she was stone cold and didn't look regretful.

emma began telling her family about the secret mafia lair, how her grandma kept the secret for so long, and how she got this house days after her grandpa died. she also told them how they found out dalrae was in this and how they snuck onto the property.

"emma, i'm so proud of you. you were so courageous for that." her mom went and hugged her.

after that, her mom made her some buldak, because it was late and she hadn't had dinner yet.

emma pulls out her phone to text seungmin and see if he was alright.

seungmin!
9:01 PM

are you guys okay??
you're not seriously injured are you?

we're okay! just some minor injuries and a little malnourishment
and dehydration so we're going to be in the hospital for the night

if i could i would beat her old ass rn
i'm so sorry seungmin i'm so glad you're safe now tho

me too
the rest of the group is okay too they have the same diagnoses
as me so at least we're all in the hospital together

that's good

she's glad it ended this way and not any other way, god knows how it could've. she doesn't even want to think about that.

author's note—
hi guys sorry for not updating yesterday 💔 i was a little sick and i was sleeping pretty much the entire day. i might double update today to make up for it!

i hope school goes well for you this week!