twenty five.

seungmin had stayed the night at emma's, he thought it was pretty nice. the bed he also slept in was very comfortable, he didn't want to get out. but lukas had disrupted his comfortable moment by basically crashing down the door and pretending to be a scary monster. it was 20 after 8am when he did that, by the way.

regardless, it was cute, and seungmin got up because he didn't want to let down lukas. emma had also had the big scary monster wake her up, but she seemed more tired than seungmin was. then again, she's much more of a sleeper than he is.

the duo decided they'd go to the mall to find clothes for the court session the next day. emma didn't bring fancy clothes because she didn't plan on stray kids getting kidnapped, her and her friends as well. seungmin had tons of suits and stuff so he didn't need anything; he was just there to be with emma.

currently, they were at the food court eating donuts they had gotten. the donuts were pretty good, they were an assortment of the flavours of the week.

unfortunately, emma had only found a white blouse prior to getting food. she'd like to get a blazer and pants to go with it.

seungmin still hadn't forgotten about telling emma. he just didn't know when he was going to do it, whether it be now or tomorrow. no, he planned today, today is when he'll do it. not now, it wasn't really the time, but at some point today. he's still filled with fear that she'll reject him, but he's trusting felix that she likes him too. he'd be fine with her saying she doesn't like him but still staying friends, but he'd heard too many stories of his friends confessing to their crushes and their crush never talking to them again.

they've hung out enough, gotten close, and even shared food, she'd have to have accepted those feelings. he feels like a drawer stuffed with too much clothes, feeling like the clothes could explode at any time.

they finished all the donuts and went back to shopping. they walked into a store which had women's apparel. emma found the blazer section and started looking at the options. she looked up and down and the rows of colour coded clothes, scanning for the perfect one.

"ooh, i like this," she tugged at a navy blue blazer.

"that's nice, i think it would look good on you!" seungmin complimented. emma smiled.

emma found navy blue dress pants to go with it. they walked up to the cash register to pay.

as emma's about to put her card down, seungmin steps in, "i'll pay, don't worry." he tapped his card on the debit machine. it approved.

"seungmin, you didn't have to! it's mine after all." emma exclaimed.

"you paid for the blouse and donuts, i should contribute!" he took the bag with the blazer and pants and they both left.

they walked out of the mall into the parking lot. emma unlocked her car and they put the things into the backseat. emma got into the drivers seat, and seungmin getting into the passengers seat.

"let's go to a park!" seungmin suggested. emma nodded and she started driving. seungmin was going to confess.

emma drove to the park they went to when they first hung out in korea. they take themselves out of the vehicle and walk over to a hilly area. they sat and admired the pretty view. the sky was painted pink, orange, purple, and red. it was so pretty. the weather was also lovely, only a few clouds and a nice breeze. they sat silently, but it was a comfortable silence.

seungmin was thinking of ways to confess to emma. he was thinking hard, to the point where it was probably evident on his face. his eyebrows were furrowing and his lips formed a thin line. where was felix when you need him?

he finally thought of something.

"emma?" he asked. emma looked at him with a soft smile. he was so mesmerized with her hazel eyes, but now it's time to focus on why he wanted to come here.

"emma, i've known you for almost a month and a half. and in that month in a half i've enjoyed talking to you, laughing with you, and seeing your face." he took a breath. "emma, i love you. madly. i like you, a lot. like a lot, a lot."

emma was flabbergasted, a blush forming on her cheeks. not flabbergasted in a bad way, but seungmin confessed to her? she's liked him since they first met, and he felt the same? her head was spinning.

"seungmin," she began. seungmin held his breath. "i like you too. like a lot, a lot, also. since we met, i began realizing i liked you."

seungmin smiled foolishly. his crush has felt the same for the same amount of time. that made him delusional. he thought of something to say in response.

"what if we take it a step further?" seungmin said suddenly.

"i'd like that." the girl smiled stupidly. so did seungmin.

he was so happy she said yes. today was going his way.

seungmin pulled emma in for a hug. emma hugged him back, tightly. they're now together forever. they're each others. they're so happy both said they felt the same way, and seungmin's happy emma agreed to be his girlfriend.

they decide they should get some dinner. they walked to the nearest 7/11, happy they're the newest couple walking this earth.

they go to the tteokbokki section, picking the medium spice one, because seungmin doesn't have a high spice tolerance like emma.

"can't believe you don't like real spicy tteokbokki." emma scoffed as they walked to the cashier.

"it just hurts! how do you stand it?" seungmin exclaimed.

"it's easy!" emma put the tteokbokki on the counter.

as emma's about to tap her card, seungmin swoops in and does it for her.

"i insist." he smirks, also taking the tteokbokki from the cashier.

"whatever, it's done anyway," emma pretends to be disgusted.

they walk to the back of the store where the water and microwave were. emma pours the water and sets the microwave to the time suggested on the package. they both watch the tteokbokki spin and the microwave buzz.

"simplistic first date, i like it." seungmin says as the tteokbokki warms up.

"me too! better than a fancy restaurant, honestly." emma said.

the microwave beeps and seungmin takes out the package. he stirs in the packet contents and the tteokbokki is ready. they both take their own pairs of chopsticks and dig in.

"i haven't had this tteokbokki in forever, this tastes so good." emma gushed over the food.

"this is my favourite brand, i get it all the time!" seungmin said.

they finish the tteokbokki there and go back to the park. they sat back at the hilly spot and watched the sun go down. it was so pretty. if they could have any memory tattooed in their brain, it would be this one.

"i'm so happy we can officially say we're a couple." seungmin put his arm around emma's shoulders.

"it's unreal. i'm still in disbelief." emma admitted.

"you'll realize it soon enough." he boyishly grinned at his girlfriend.

this was the best date ever.

author's note—
good evening guysss! i hope you guys had a good valentine's day yesterday (unless you're a fellow banger then i'm so sorry 😔) and if you didn't it's okay there's always skz 🫶

i hope you end the week perfectly!