Chapter 25: Together

Marien's POV

I woke up to an alarm clock that was not mine but was in the room. It scared me; it was seven in the morning, and I had wanted to sleep only for about two hours!

I immediately showered, got ready, and ran, looking for Sirius. Somehow, a silly fear crept into me, thinking that maybe it had all been a dream, that none of that had happened, that I worked here, and he was not in my life, but the ring on my finger gave me happiness.

When I walked into the waiting room, he was looking at one of the snack machines.

"Sorry, sorry," I muttered, going to him, taking his face, and giving him a kiss that he reciprocated, hugging me against his body.

"Why do you apologize?"

"I wanted to come earlier," I lamented, giving him more kisses, "but I fell asleep."

"It's okay. I'm glad you slept."

"Are you hungry? I'll get you something from the cafeteria."

"Don't worry..." He sighed and waited a couple of seconds to speak, which worried me. "I've been thinking... If Orion went against the rules and attacked my father... I have to go and make sure my mom is safe."

I suddenly panic.

"No! No. Orion wants you to come out to catch you. It's a trap!"

"I know, but if I tell the senior leaders what he did, they may forgive me."

"Do you think Orion is going to respect even that?"

"But..."

"I'm worried about your mother, but I know there has to be another solution, please..."

"You know I must go."

"Don't leave Me." I hugged him tightly. "Orion will kill you. You won't reach your town, please. There has to be another way. Don't do it. I love you...!" I finally said, almost unconsciously. "I love you," I whispered, closing my eyes.

"Hey guys," said someone else: John, looking at us, confused. "He woke up."

"Oh..." Wow, shame wanted to attack me.

Sirius took my hand, and we went into the room.

It was normal that evolved people recovered quickly. When entering, the man was blinking confusedly, and Sirius approached him.

"Father," he barely muttered.

The man turned to look at him, still confused. I could see his eyes were green like his son's.

"Sirius," he said with a frown. "What am I doing here? What are you doing here?"

He clenched his fists.

"Orion attacked you, don't you remember?" Sirius informed.

"Ah," he replied heavily. "Yes, right. Because of you."

Oh no.

"I apologize, father. I did something that made him angry." The man looked at him seriously and then shot me a fleeting glance that Sirius noticed. "She... I saved her, betraying him. That is what I did, but it is because she is everything to me now. I did not think he would do this. I know you are disappointed in me, as always. I had already agreed to pay for my betrayal with my life, but..."

The man noticed the ring on his hand, and his eyes widened.

"Please," I muttered. "I wanted to bring him here so that he would be safe and Orion wouldn't kill him. It is partly my fault that he wanted revenge. I'm sorry..."