Chapter 30: Dreams and Promises

Marien's POV

"Well, now I understand why you're traumatized," Marcus commented.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? If Anthony has blown off the heads of a couple of evolved or has ripped muscle out of wildly in front of you, then obviously," he assured, making me laugh.

"He hasn't killed anyone; he just knocks them unconscious." I sighed. "I don't like him to be hurt anyway, but evolved can't fight without hurting like that..." My lips tightened for a few seconds. "I was petrified today because we ran into the same situation a while ago, only this time Max helped. That day, it was Sirius against the three. By the time I managed to remove the man's control and deactivate them..." I shook my head. "Anyway."

The three evolved men were already resting, except for the youngest, whom Rosy entertained with a conversation. Marcus looked at me suspiciously, probably thinking the same thing as me.

"She must be trying to seduce him to be just like you," he said, whispering and making me laugh silently.

"I don't think it's that easy," I replied in the same way, "but it would be interesting if she tried. It starts with something, right? The objective is to unite the species and ensure no more war."

This time, he chuckled.

"Fix a war by pairing humans and evolved? The typical subject of a romantic movie."

We both laugh.

"Yeah... it sounds silly," I admitted.

Sirius appeared with his father and the two men who were with him.

"It has been a pleasure. Thank you for the attention you have given us, darling," said his father in an authoritative and respectful tone at the same time.

I was stunned.

"Don't worry. The pleasure was mine," I replied. "You can come whenever you like."

"I will take them to the outskirts of their town in the car," said Max's brother, who came with them.

That relieved me. Apparently, they had already agreed on that. The three of them nodded and left. Sirius returned to my side.

Max also returned to the room with his arm bandaged, and the three newcomers looked at him. Acrux asked Rosy for permission and walked away from her. The other two joined him and approached Max.

"We want to join your group," he asked.

The boy was shocked. "What?"

"We have nothing out there. We want to stay and be useful. You have already accepted that one." Acrux pointed out to Sirius, saying bye to his father. "Three more would be better."

Max pursed his lips, thought for a few seconds, and shrugged.

"Whatever; come on then," he said as he left. "See you guys later!"

Acrux shot a fleeting glance at Rosy, which no one noticed except her, who didn't take her eyes off him and me because I expected him to.

"Will there be any news about the recording soon?"

"I don't know," Marcus answered. "Max said that if there was nothing..." he looked at me a little nervous, "his platoon would intervene."

"What?" I replied. "He's crazy."

Sirius belonged to that platoon now. I was worried. This was never-ending.

Finding herself alone, Rosy walked over to us.