Chapter 31: A New Team

Max, still with his arm bandaged, continued with his training rituals. The regeneration method with stem cells has improved very well in recent centuries. Now, the obnoxious man was happily annoying more than before.

There was no good news about the recording, even though it was on radio and television. People didn't show interest or agree. The only ones who protested were those who belonged to the protective associations. Meanwhile, Security denied everything, claiming the video was not authentic.

Max had decided to get more proof and complain to the government while still using Sirius and the other evolved men for his training.

Rosy accompanied me, and we saw them from afar. We sat next to some bushes near the fence and the climbing wall.

Max had brought the men and women together in the place. We were observing how the evolved competed in a kind of obstacle course. Sirius was still the fastest, Alpha and Centauri were the slowest, and Acrux almost caught up with Sirius but still had a disadvantage. They had a tough time under the government's control but would recover quickly.

Rosy wanted Acrux to look at her, but it didn't happen. Maybe our position didn't help because we were practically hidden, but I was curious anyway. He was the same height as Sirius, with honey-colored eyes and almost blond hair. Alpha and Centauri were perhaps brothers. They looked alike, both with blue eyes and black hair, more muscular. However, I was aware that Orion could be even bigger.

Max would test some of his soldiers to see how they were doing in a confrontation with the evolved men, but they couldn't touch them despite how massive two of them were. They were still faster than the average man.

The small group of women watched. The leader, a friend of Max, was usually by his side, giving him opinions about movements and stuff. She scared me a little. She was pretty, but I could tell she was tough. Her body reminded me of Ursa. She was in excellent shape.

"I don't like how that woman looks at our men," Rosy commented.

Here we went again with trivial subjects.

"What?" I asked, laughing.

"Don't you see? She is always close to them, especially to your Anthony."

"She gives them directions."

"And take the opportunity to touch them."

"Huh?"

"Sometimes, she touches his arm."

I sighed. I had not dedicated myself to observing that. I had worried more about what was happening and that those people didn't give away their presence there, although Max swore they were all loyal since they had taken an oath. But Rosy, as always, with her things. Anyway, I became more observant.

"Think about it," she insisted. "Does Anthony know when a woman is flirting with him? I don't think so. What if he makes a click? You know men can have several crushes."

I laughed a little but remained thoughtful; however, my thoughts faded as I distracted myself by looking at Sirius. That navy blue shirt contrasted perfectly with his skin, flashing green feline eyes, and dark hair—his way of being with me, his promise. I was daydreaming until I remembered another important matter.

"It's true," I said. I should try to talk to the government about using the toxin. I should tell them we should stop attacking each other and try to end this."

"Yes, if you like, let's go tomorrow."

I nodded. I noticed that Sirius was talking to Max's friend. The other women were watching from a couple of feet away. I frowned as I suddenly realized that girls surrounded him. Apparently, she wanted him to fight, but he refused, trying to be nice. She giggled and tapped him on the shoulder to cheer him up.