Chapter 34: Love is Hot

Sirius' POV

We arrived at the building. Marien was slightly tense because she was here when those men took her away. It was a huge place, though, and we were going to another section. Besides, I was with her and wouldn't let anyone near her.

They let us in without even asking. My blue shirt with the organization's initials kept away any potential nuisances, except for these sunglasses, which suggested various hotels with special 'honeymoon' rooms. What...?

Uhm. It was what Max talked about recently.

"Hello, sweeties... How can I help you?" A dark-skinned woman asked from her desk.

"We want to sign..."

"Yes!" she interrupted. "This is so great."

She walked out to another office, and Marien looked at me. The excitement shone on her pretty face. The lady returned with some papers and observed my dark glasses. My girl noticed it and was quick to explain.

"He had an eye surgery and..."

"Oh no, baby, you're fine. Here... Read and sign, and I'll need your IDs."

I gave mine to Marien so the woman wouldn't see my nails, and she handed them to her. After that, we signed while the lady went to scan the IDs or something like that. We also read some guidelines. I noticed the word 'spouse' that referred to my partner—also, the word wife, which I already knew.

"You look cute together," murmured the lady, who had already returned and filled out some forms. "Well, that's it. Here is your marriage certificate."

Marien received the paper, which had some light blue and gold decorations on it.

"Thank you." She put it away, and we stood up.

"I hope your eyes get better, young man," she told me enthusiastically.

"Thank you."

We walked through the streets.

"That was fast, and she was very kind."

"I know."

"Are there more humans who speak in that sweet way to others?"

"Not many, but yes, some do. For example, Rosy's mother."

"Interesting." And it made sense since Rosy talked like that sometimes.

It surprised me, and it was that the older people in my town didn't even smile at you. They were very strict.

The glasses kept showing me things, and I remembered...

"Do humans do anything special after getting married?"

"Uh, yes."

"Because Max asked if we had had a honeymoon or something like that, and the truth is, I don't even know what it is."

"Well, usually, the couple travels to some new place. They stay in a hotel, and also..." She looked down, blushing slightly. "They make love..."

"Make love?... That's an interesting way to call it. It's what we do, right? I mean, I feel like it's like that. Every time I touch you or kiss you, it's magical."

She chuckled.

"Yes. There are many ways to make love."

"In any case, taking you to my city counts as something new, too."

"As long as I'm with you, I'm the happiest woman in the world," she said with her sweet smile.

"I feel the same."