Chapter 38: The Attack

Sirius' POV

After everyone left, I thought for a couple of seconds. Maybe I also needed to relax since this situation had me on edge. I looked at my lady, who was approaching.

"What?" she asked.

I got closer and ended up cornering her against the desk.

"You're not sentenced to death. You are not," I assured.

I would make sure of it. She reached around my neck and stroked my hair, calming me down for the moment.

"Don't worry about me. I worry about you." She used the phrase I used to say to her.

I smiled, shaking my head.

"I'll be fine."

It was her who worried me. I never thought I would come to depend on her safety for me to be calm.

She jumped, sitting on the desk, and pulled me in, wrapping her arms around my neck, and my lips brushed hers.

"We'll be fine," she whispered. "Nothing bad is going to happen, okay?"

I kissed her without being able to resist. I devoured her rich lips calmly, feeling every detail. I enjoyed that delicious sensation they caused by moving gently between mine. She smiled at me, and I returned the gesture. She was good, so humble, beautiful, and so sweet. I couldn't imagine a world without her.

I hugged her tightly and then went down to her neck to give her another kiss there, enjoying her soft aroma.

At what moment did she become my entire life?

"I'm so attracted to you," I confessed, taking her silky hair between my fingers. "And you smell so good... I was so moved when I saw you walking next to me, so free, admiring the forest. When I watched your dreams and saw you so peaceful, always feeling safe with me despite what I am, I wondered why I couldn't tell you. Why couldn't I declare you mine somehow?"

"I thought the same about you," she said with an adorable blush on her cheeks, "Why didn't I dare to kiss you? Maybe the fact that you didn't know made me doubt."

"I'd have liked to know about the kisses before. I'd have kissed you without hesitation."

She chuckled.

I sighed, feeling calmer, and dared fiddle with the button on her pajamas. When I looked at her, she smiled mischievously.

"You are so...desirable..."

"Desirable?"

She shook her head as I had already awakened my playful side again. My hands went to her soft breasts. Her breath deepened against my lips, and I moved down her cheek toward her ear.

"I like them. You know? They fascinate me. I would stare at them all day."

"Well, you can do it..."

Her hands touched me, too, and I loved the possessive way in which they did it.

"You're beautiful."

She kissed me, and I felt that the bad situation was finally being pushed aside, at least for now. I felt better and wanted this moment with her to last forever.

"I love you too much," she murmured, "I don't want them to take you away."

"You know I love you too, and they won't, don't worry," I assured. She sighed and relaxed, touching me again. I smiled as I felt the skin of her waist under her pajamas. "You know? I counted the little frecks on your skin. Well..." I let out a very short laugh. "The ones I've managed to see in those moments of wildness."