Chapter 4 Florida Laughs

I try not to laugh as I chew on my slice of pizza. All of us sit around the room on my new furniture eating pizza and laughing at Ash and Trystons drunk stories. 

Trish giggles and looks up at me, "You should see the picture of all them wearing buckets on their head in the bar." I laugh and the boys snort out trying not to turn red. 

"You can have so much more fun here it sounds like, compared to small town's Kansas. Though you can still get in trouble there." I laugh a bit and recall some memories. 

Trish pokes me with a piece of her pizza and grins. "Tell us Sage, I know you can party." 

I roll my eyes at her and take a drink of water, "Okay, okay. So when Kansas had summer, I loved to go out to the pond. So, me and my best friends were out at this pond. It was like 2 am and we are swimming in basic darkness, and we had drunk atleast four mikes each. I couldn't stop laughing because the others were freaking out that there was fish touching their feet. We get back to the docks and I don't remember it much, but there is a video out there of all of us on these little kid tikes and we are driving them around. Next thing we know we all drove them into the water. My ex was not happy when they were stuck in the pond mud." 

I look over at Trish laughing so hard, she is trying not to cry. "I'm sorry. I just can't get over the part where ya'll were so drunk, you were freaking out over the fish." 

Tryston and the guys snicker as they watch Trish and I laugh. Trish jumps up and grabs all of our plates, "I'm going to check and make sure the girls are sleeping okay, otherwise I have an idea."

She sings as she dances into the kitchen and I can't help but giggle. Tryston rolls his eyes and looks over at the guys, "This can't be good if she has an idea. Does anyone want a drink?" 

The guys all agree on a choice of alcohol, and I pull out my phone quickly to check my notifications. I see a text and I pull it up, and then I can't move. "Hey I saw on your facebook, you moved to Florida. Had to get away from me huh?"  I feel tears stinging in my eyes, and my ears are ringing. Next thing I know my phone is being ripped out of my hand and someone is shaking me.

"Hey, stop it breathe in and out. Breathe Sage, I can't have you pass out on me." Taking a deep gulping breathe, I blink away the tears and see Tryston in front of me. Following his words, I take slow breathes and try to ease the burning in my lungs. 

He squeezes my arms, "Keep breathing in and out. Trish, can you grab some ice?" I squeeze my eyes shut again trying to breathe before I black out again. I feel coldness on my neck and I start to feel more grounded. I nod and open my eyes. 

"There you go. Sage, you can't let him message you." Tryston looks at me sympathetically and reads the message on my phone. Trish rubs my shoulders and rubs ice on my neck grounding me. I lean back into Trish and that's when I notice Ash and Levi are on their toes. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to crash the party. I know Tryston, I just thought I would try." I look at my phone in his hands, and he does something and then puts it in his pocket. 

"No more of that, you are here with us and you are going to be safe. Ash and Levi, aren't going to judge you I promise. You think you are going to be okay now?" He looks at me as Trish takes the ice off my neck. I nod and take a deep breathe feeling less dizzy. 

"I think so, I am really sorry." I blink away tears again and Trish gives me a big hug. She rubs my shoulders and looks at me, "Hun, you don't need to apologize. We have all been there."

I smile and look at the room around me and look down, "Sorry guys, didn't mean to make the room awkward."

Trish hops onto the couch next to me and giggles, "Don't worry you didn't, because I still have my idea." 

The boys groan and grab a new drink, and I smile at Trish wondering what she is up to. Tryston hands me my favorite, strawberry mikes hard lemonade, and sits next to Trish.  She looks at me a bit mischievously and pulls out a box. I peak into her lap and read out loud, "Drink, Truth or Dare." 

I hear the boys groan even more and I have to laugh at that as she opens the box and set it up. She looks at me and hands me her phone, "Of course, before we start the game Sage gets dibs on music."

 I celebrate and pull up my favorite of course, Falling In Reverse. 

"I would not imagine a girl pulling up this kind of music." Ash looks at me as he smiles at his comment to me. I wrinkle my nose and take a drink in return.

"Hey, I had my emo phase. I will never change," I look down at the cards that Trish set up. The boys laugh at my comment and agree about their emo phases. I notice Trish look up at me. 

"How do we play this game Trish?" She jumps up excitedly and picks up a big dice. 

She grins, "Well we go in order and roll this dice, there is three options. Drink, Dare or Truth. Drink is obvious, Dare you pull a dare card and complete that dare. If you chicken out you have to take two drinks. Truth, is a question card and you have to answer honestly. Same rules apply."

She grins and hands me the dice, "However, I think the newbie should start us of."