Who's gonna come out

Kiyo POV

Pokémon, fascinating creatures that coexist with humans in harmony, remain somewhat of an anomaly to me. They serve various roles in our lives – some are utilized in battles, while others accompany us as companions.

For many, Pokémon are tools, while for others, they're cherished friends; it all depends on one's perspective.

As for me, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, I harbor a deep curiosity about Pokémon. While I possess knowledge about them, I lack practical experience in interacting with them.

Currently, I find myself seated in a luxurious limousine, holding a mysterious egg in my hands. My butler, Matsuo, a dignified elderly gentleman, navigates the limousine towards my father's grand mansion.

why?

Let me tell you.

FLASHBACK

Inside my father's imposing office, I stood before him, meeting his cold gaze with my usual composure.

"Kiyotaka, your education regarding Pokémon is now concluded," he announced, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Understood," I replied in my typical monotone manner, maintaining my calm demeanor.

"But given your lack of firsthand experience with Pokémon, I've decided to enroll you in the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Pokémon Academy," he stated, his eyes retaining their characteristic coldness and indifference.

As he mentioned the academy, a subtle surge of excitement and curiosity rippled through me. The prospect of delving deeper into the world of these enigmatic creatures intrigued me greatly, making this decision a welcomed opportunity.

With my typical apathetic expression intact, I replied, "I see no reason to object," acknowledging the chance to explore this new avenue of knowledge and experience.

"Good, then do you know about this Pokémon academy?" He inquired, his gaze piercing through the air.

"No, it would be beneficial if you could provide an explanation," I responded casually, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Very well then, it is a prestigious Pokémon academy. Here, students will immerse themselves in comprehensive Pokémon education, including real battles and lessons. Students are allowed to bring their own Pokémon, restricted to levels 1 through 5 for practical reasons. However, if you lack a Pokémon, the academy will furnish you with one. Expect to encounter a diverse array of opponents, each presenting unique challenges and opportunities for growth. You'll grasp the full scope of the academy's offerings upon enrollment," he elaborated, concluding with a sip of his coffee.

"Wakarimashita," I acknowledged with a nod, indicating my understanding of his explanation.

"Good, now that's why I'm offering you the opportunity to select one egg from these," he stated, gesturing towards the trio of eggs positioned before me.

"Choose whichever you prefer," he added, reclining in his chair with an air of indifference.

After a brief moment of contemplation, I made my decision.

"Very well, I'll take this one," I declared, indicating the blue and black egg with a pointed finger.

"Very well then," he acknowledged, handing me the chosen egg with care before retreating to his chair.

"I won't offer any advice, as you're already familiar with Pokémon raising," he declared, striding back to his seat.

"You'll reside in the mansion for three months, during your time in Pokémon academy you'll interact with numerous students, so you must be sociable. Hence, Matsuo, your personal butler, will provide guidance in that regard," he explained, his attention shifting to his computer screen.