Part 4

୨୧

After coming back to the hotel from shopping and exploring the city, I changed into my bikini and put the same shorts I had on on top then grabbed a few things to put on my tote bag before heading down to the beach.
We then walked over to the beach and sat on some beach chairs not far away from a bar.
It was pretty crowded which I guessed it was because it was 5pm.

୨୧

୨୧

I was a bit tired from all the walking around the city in the morning so I just laid down on the chair to tan for a bit before we got in the water.
As time went by i started to get hungry so I decided to go grab something from the bar.

"Hey mom I'm gonna grab some food, do you want anything?" I asked her.

"A lemonade would be great" she replied.

I got up and walked over to the bar to get the food, I order myself a matcha latte and an avocado toast then I order my mom's lemonade.
As I was waiting for the food i looked up and I
see the same group of guys that I saw yesterday playing with a beach ball, I keep looking tried to find the guy I had see yesterday but the cute guy was not with them so I disappointedly look away.
The worker then handed me the lemonade and the matcha latte, I was looking away at the beach when I suddenly hear a voice say "hey"
I turned around and see that it was the cute guy from the other day and he was talking to me.
"Hi" I replay
"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and friends" he said while pointing where his friends were.

"Sure I loved to but I have to ask my mom frist" I said awkwardly.
I hated having to say that every time someone would ask me to hang out, why couldn't I just go like any other kid my age.

"Alright, I'll wait for you here" he said while smiling.

I smiled at the boy and grabbed my food, I could not believe this was happening to me, a guy that I thought was cute was actually inviting me to hang out with him and his friends!? Crazy.
I headed over to where my mom was, and gave her the  lemonade that she asked for.

"Hey mom so this guy asked if I wanted to hang out with him-" I don't even fished what I'm about to say when she asked.
"What guy"
"The one standing in the bar, he was wondering if I could go hang out with him and his friends, and before you say anything I really want to go mom please, it would be a great opportunity for me to make some friends here" I say.
She takes a sip of her lemonade and without even hesitating she says "No"
Just a simple no, no more.

"Mom please" I say again

"I said no"

"Why? You don't even have an explanation to why you are saying no"

"Liriam you are crazy if you think I'm letting go hang out with a guy you just meet 2 minutes ago" she said starting to get mad.

"Why can't you never let me go anywhere or do anything by myself , all you want me to do is stay with you, you never let me do anything alone I'm 17 I can take care of myself" I said.

I knew what I had said hurt her but at the moment I didn't care at the end it was the truth, I was 17th and she wouldn't even let me get out of the house to pick up the mail.

"We are not having this conversation rn" she said with the same exact tone and face I said the same thing yesterday.

"He is waiting for me mom" I said

"Go tell him you can't then" she said.

୨୧

I get up from the chair and start walking over to the bar, I could not believe she said no, actually i could, I was used to this all my life the only answer she has given me when I ask this type of stuff is "no" I was almost an adult and my mom can't let me be alone for more than 10 minutes.

"Hey, sorry but I can't go" I said, as I watch the smile from the boys face fade away.

"Oh, alright" he replied with disappointment.

We were standing for a few seconds in silence so i guessed there was nothing more to be said.
That was it just like that the first guy that I had interest in getting to know would probably never say a word to me again.
As im walking away the guy follows me and says

"Wait, hold on, you are staying at the hotel across  from here right" he said while pointing at the hotel I was staying at.

"Yeah, why" I replay, trying to hide the smile off my face.

"What's the number of the room you're staying at" he asks

I was confused since I didn't knew what was the point of him asking me that

"Are you going to murder me or something" I say jokingly.

"WHAT noo" he says

" I was just joking, it's 265"

"Okay" he says, then starts  jogging back to where his friends were.

Why would he ask me what room I'm staying at and running away with no explanation? I think to myself.
I make my way to the beach chairs while I finish my food trying not to look at my mother's way, after I'm done I take my plate back to the bar then I grab my things.

"I'm leaving, not in the mood to be here rn" I say

"Wait, liriam where are you going" my mom asks

"Obviously to the hotel where else would I go it's not like since you let me go anywhere else." I say with annoyance.

I make my way back to the hotel, take a shower and lay on the bed while telling my friend all the things that had happened while trying not to cry about it.