Dumb decisions

The hours were running like crazy and before I knew it it was Monday again. All Sunday I just slept in bed ignoring everyone that tried to talk to me . But since it's Monday today I can not do that anymore. I went to school smoking my cigarette and ignoring everyone that tried to have a conversation with me. I don't know why when im upset about something I push people away. Maybe I'm thinking about Joseph too much.
I took the last drag out of my cigarette and threw it in the trash.

I got to class and sat down the teacher came in and started to talk about some project we will be making. I was about to ask Annick if she wants to be my partner but then I heard the teacher say " you won't be choosing your partner, we will be picking anonymously".

I signed hoping I would get a good partner.
Pichon went first and he got Annick. Michelle got Simone and it was my time to pick.
I stud up walking to a glass Bol pulling out a white little paper I read the name it had on it loudly
" descamps"
My eyes went in shock oh no not him. The person I would least want to talk to. I looked at descamp and he was sitting in his seat smirking at me. I sat down and waited for this nightmare to be over.
The bell rang and I sprinted out of the class but Joseph still managed to walk with me.
Our shoulders were brushing again each others while walking .
" so my house tonight ?" He asked looking at me.
I ignored him and kept walking.
" your gonna ignore me now Rose? " he asked stoping me to look at him.
I looked in his eyes and couldn't stop but to wish we would kiss again. I got those thoughts out of my head and finally spoke up " sure your house tonight but no funny business". I walked off leaving him in the hallway.

After the lessons I went home and got in a quick shower. I putted on a black dress with some small heels and took Latin notebook with me. Before I went to Joseph's house I went in the store to buy a pack of cigarettes. I went to the register and saw Manhattan for a very low price I wanted to buy it at first but I dint because I only drink at specific occasions now, right?

I was at Joseph's house door scared to knock. But I breathed out and in. I knocked and Joseph opened the door. He was wearing a white button up shirt with black pants.
He let me inside his house and we went tho the kitchen.
" so got any ideas about the project?" I asked looking at Joseph.
" not really" he stared at me looking in my eyes.
" well we need to find a poem first so try helping me with that" I started to look for poems in the books Joseph had on the table.
I found some 3 poems we could use and Joseph hasn't found any . All the time he just looked at the book and then at me and it was like a never ending loop.
" I think we can find a better one" I said looking at the 3 poems I had found.
" sure" he said smiling and looking at me.

What's up with him today. He was starring at me like I was a painting at a museum. With his warm eyes not the cold ones at school but his warm ones that could melt my heart just by looking at them to much.
" Joseph I home" I heard his mother came in.
" oh I dint know you had guests " she said smiling at me.
" hi I'm rose we're doing a schools project " I introduced myself.
" alright that's fine with me but maybe you can go up to his room I will be cooking and I don't wanna bother you" Joseph's mom said taking off her jacket.

Joseph took the books from the table and showed me to his room. I walked in and saw a big bed in the middle of the room, a table, a balcony and some posters of musicians. I sat down on a chair and kept reading the book finding new poems.
" why are you lately so distant?" I heard Joseph ask me. I looked up from my book and turned around seeing Joseph laying on the bed on his side facing me.
" I promised myself when I get here I don't have no love interests and I couldn't kept the promise " I said the truth.
Joseph just looked at me trying tho think what to say .
I stud up took my purse and pulled out a cigarette and I went to the balcony.

I was at the balcony felling the wind blowing I inhaled the smoke and after some time I exhaled. Why did I tell Joseph that. Why couldn't I keep my mouth shut . That's all that was at my mind right now. Joseph came next to me sitting down and lightening himself a cigarette turning to me and asking " why did you promise yourself that, may I ask?" . I looked at him putting the cigarette in my mouth and inhaling " I need to finish school and love is just a distraction".
Joseph looked at me and continued the talk " it's not always a distraction ".
" yes it is" I said quickly to him. It sounded mean but that's what I felt and I know it's true.
" this day proves it, all day I couldn't consecrate at school because I kept thinking about our kiss, that probably even meant nothing to you". I said to Joseph felling my eyes water a bit.

He stud up and hugged me tight, he let go looked in my eyes and said " that kiss meant everything to me, Rose if only you knew how long I wanted to kiss you. If you want me to leave and not be in your way so you can finish school say that and I will leave. Rose I would do anything for you even if it means I have to ignore you".

" Then please do that, ignore me ". I said while tears came running down my face. I dropped the cigarette took my purse and left his house not looking back.

It's for the best, he won't be in my way, I will think about school. I thought to myself making me cry even more . I wanted Joseph I really did so I hope I don't hate the decision I just made.

I went past the store I was in before going to Joseph. I walked in going to the register " hi can I please get a Manhattan".

—————————————
Btw manhattan is a alcoholic drink popular in the 1960~

Leave a comment ->