one

Minduelle hummed softly to herself as she rocked herself in the rocking chair, mindlessly counting her stitches as she crocheted a rather large turtle. Yeontan laid, asleep, in her lap, covered in loose yarn and part of the turtle's body, not minding one bit. He was warm and safe in Minduelle's lap, feeling content with the feeling and sound of her humming.

Minduelle and Yeontan both were warm because of the lit fireplace right beside them, crackling in the quiet house, keeping the whole house heated. The sun had set at 6 pm due to the winter's short days, so the house was dark except the light the fireplace was giving off.

Minduelle wasn't a fan of the dark, but as long as she had her ferocious dog and comforting fireplace beside her, she could deal with it.

Minduelle loved the quiet. Maybe it's because she's lived with severely impaired hearing for as long as she could remember. Maybe it was because she could finally let her brain relax and go through its insanely fast thoughts one by one. She could breathe in silence. She could be herself without fear of being judged.

She found comfort in the silence.

Minduelle smiled softly, increasing her stitching speed as she heard the garage door open. She needed to finish this row before they entered and she lost count. Yeontan's ear flicked upon the new noise as well, but he made no effort in waking himself up more.

Minduelle slowed her stitching down, only three more stitches left. She heard the keys against the door, muffled voices following. Minduelle kept rocking.

The door was thrown open and chaos ensued.

"MINDIEEEE!" Jungkook was the first one through the door, skipping towards her with his arms outstretched. "I'M HOMEEEEE!"

"Why are you shouting!" Jin yelled at him, one of the last of the boys to enter the house. "We just got home!"

"Noona!" Jimin shoved past Jin, pissing the eldest off even more. "You won't believe what happened today!"

"WAIT I WANNA TELL HER!" Taehyung tripped over his feet, running after his dear friend. Jimin, who was standing in front of the girl on the rocking chair, was yanked back by his younger friend, stumbling backwards and onto the couch, Taehyung's next victim standing at the ready.

Despite the maknae's terrifyingly strong and sturdy appearance, Taehyung still tried to throw him away from Minduelle. Jungkook stood his ground, not even budging, and shoved Taehyung away. This sent Taehyung right into Jimin, Jimin who had just stood up from the couch, now being crushed by his friend, back on the couch.

"Min! I had the best day!" Hoseok cheered, jogging over to her, still with his coat on. "So I went to my coffee shop and there was no line and then-"

"No one cares!" Jungkook declared, holding up a finger to his hyung. But upon seeing his hyung's deeply dark glare, "S-Sorry Hyung, I was joking."

"You better be." Hoseok sassed, pushing the maknae away, the maknae actually moving. "ANYways I-"

"No Noona! I have better stories to tell!" Taehyung jumped to his feet, but was quickly pulled down by Park Jimin, the smaller man wanting his revenge.

"I'll tell it Noona!" Jimin finally got to his feet, pushing Taehyung aside one last time, standing beside Hoseok, Jungkook returning, Taehyung running over as well.

"Minduelle!" Namjoon laughed, wanting to join in the chaos, walking over from the kitchen, a small bag of chips in his hands. "I finished one of my songs today! It took me like five hours to finish but-"

"I memorized three whole dances today!" Taehyung jumped in, talking over the still talking Namjoon.

"And I taught those three days!" Hoseok spoke louder than Taehyung, Taehyung huffing before continuing his descriptions of learning the dances, just louder now.