eight

uh for timeline clarification, this entire fic is set before mots:7 is released :)

Yoongi opened the guest room, frowning when Minduelle wasn't in there. 'Didn't Jimin get back twenty ish minutes ago?' Yoongi pressed his lips together and made his way to Jimin's room, not bothering knocking and not even hesitating to open the bathroom door.

"HYUNG GET OUT!"

"It's nothing I haven't seen before." Yoongi sighed, staying in the bathroom as Jimin scrambled to get a towel. "Where's Min?"

"Minduelle??" Jimin was breathing heavily from the scare and embarrassment, clinging to the towel around his waist. "Dude she said she was getting stuff for you from your studio!"

Yoongi froze, realization dawning on him. "Is it raining outside?"

Jimin gave him a 'what the fuck' face. "Yeah?? Why is that relevant?"

Yoongi sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Alright. I'm going to get Min." Yoongi turned around and left, Jimin still staring in complete shock.

"Okay?? Bye??"

Minduelle closed her eyes and leaned her head back, feeling the freezing cold rain hit her face, tracing all the way down until it hit her clothes, soaking into the fabric without hesitation. She leaned against the edge of the roof, her hands relaxed against the concrete, her whole body relaxed as it focused on the rain.

Her skin stung with each frozen drop. Her ears listened to the soft rumble from above, the gentle yet relentless pour of the rain. Her eyes focused on nothing, allowing its other senses to take over. Her nose inhaled and exhaled easily, loving the smell of rain. Her fingers traced the rough concrete and a part of her wondered what it would feel like to stand upon this elevated concrete.

And all of a sudden, it all stopped.

Minduelle opened her eyes, met with black fabric and small pieces of metal.

'An umbrella?'

Minduelle lowered her head until it was level with Min Yoongi's eyes. "How do you always find me?" Minduelle asked with a slight smile, turning back towards the city.

"I know you." Yoongi stepped closer to her so the umbrella could cover them both. "What are you doing out here?"

"Thinking." Minduelle hummed. "It's nice up here."

Yoongi said nothing, studying the soaking wet girl, wondering if there were any tears mixed in with the raindrops. Based on her behavior in the last few hours, she hasn't moved on from her father's latest 'stunt.' She was hiding something. She wasn't letting them help her.

"Min, do you want to talk?" Yoongi rested his hand on her back, relieved she didn't tense under his touch. "I don't like seeing you like this."

Silence. Minduelle's eyes were closed, her hands stretched out far enough to feel the rain on her skin. Yoongi remained right beside her, waiting for her.

"Do you ever feel like jumping?"

"Every time I'm up here." Yoongi answered without hesitation, eyes locked on Minduelle, anxiety kicking through his body, careful with everything he did and observed.

"I bet it would feel so freeing." Minduelle sighed, turning around from the sight of the city, leaning the back of her body against the edge of the roof. "I would love to..." Minduelle frowned softly, tilting her head as Yoongi's words registered with her. "You've only been up here with me three times. Have you been up here more?"

Yoongi nodded, biting down on the inside of his cheek as a familiar feeling creeped its way up the depths of his heart, begging to be renewed, begging to be given purpose, begging to take control again. "A few years ago, before we met you, I'd come up here when things were getting too much." Yoongi gestured to the concrete siding she was leaning on. "I would stand on that and walk back and forth. Sometimes I'd close my eyes."