twelve

Minduelle looked up from her book, studying the man across from her before looking back down. She chewed on the bottom of her lip as she pretended to read the words in front of her, fighting her inner thoughts. It was quiet time, she-

"Are you no longer enjoying the book?"

Minduelle jumped and immediately sat up straighter, eyes on the man, his eyes remaining on his book. "No! I like it! I-"

"Then shh."

Minduelle's eye twitched and she didn't even move to pick up the book. Staring at the man for a few more seconds, she let out an exasperated sigh and got up. "I can't do this anymore, Namjoon. I'm making you food. You look sick." Minduelle walked past Namjoon to the kitchen, but stopped once he pulled her back by her wrist.

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon frowned up at her through his glasses, his book in one hand now. "I don't feel sick."

"I don't like seeing you like this!" Minduelle defended her point of view, touching the low dip of his collarbones. "And your cheeks are basically non-existent!" Minduelle pinched both of his cheeks, worried eyes on him. "I like it when you can tell you eat!"

"Noona, calm down." Namjoon chuckled, using honorifics so she would really listen. "I'm not hungry. I want to look like this."

Minduelle stopped pinching his cheeks and squished them together instead, Namjoon letting her do what she wanted. "Do you promise? It's not a crazy diet?"

"I promise." Namjoon spoke through his mushed-together lips.

Minduelle nodded and let go of his lips. "I'm making brownies." Minduelle stated before promptly marching into the kitchen, Namjoon too late to stop her.

"Min!" Namjoon protested with a laugh, making no attempt to follow her. "I'm fine! Just come read with me!"

"Nah, I'm good."

"Hyungie, you almost ready?" Jungkook asked, putting on his earrings as he walked down the stairs.

"Oh, is it that time already?" Namjoon looked at his watch, closing his book and standing up after seeing the time. "I'm going to grab my phone from my room and then I'll be ready."

Jungkook nodded, realizing he was now 'stuck' with Minduelle in the kitchen. Jungkook watched from the stairs, guessing she was making some kind of dessert based off the ingredients she was gathering. 'She wants to fatten us up.' Jungkook thought with a fond smile. 'She must've finally noticed how slim we've all gotten.'

Minduelle looked up and saw Jungkook, a smile crossing her face, opening her mouth to greet-

'He's mad at me.' Minduelle reminded herself, quickly lowering her head and staying busy with the treats she was making. 'Just give him space. He'll come around when he's ready.'

'Oh, right.' Jungkook remembered that he was 'mad' at her as well. 'Crap, I forgot I didn't apologize.' Jungkook cleared his throat, hoping Minduelle would look at him so he didn't have to awkwardly start a conversation.

Yeah she didn't look at him.

"Whatcha making?" Jungkook asked, his voice clearly holding uneasiness.

"Brownies." Minduelle glanced up at him for only a second to politely acknowledge him. She wasn't mad at him, goodness no. But she didn't really want to test any waters with him right now.

"That sounds good." Jungkook nodded, looking around nervously.

Minduelle nodded as well, not responding to his comment. 'This is so awkward.'

"Okay I found it." Namjoon chuckled as he walked down the stairs. "Min, you'll be okay?"

"Psh, really?" Minduelle grinned, putting a hand on her hip. "'Will I be okay?' Get out of here." She waved her hand at him, Namjoon laughing as he and Jungkook walked to the door.