ten

"About damn-" Jin turned around in the swivel chair of the recording studio, not expecting to see a red-eyed Hoseok. "Hoseokie, what's wrong?" Jin and Yoongi immediately stood up, Hoseok closing the door behind him.

"I'm fine, I am." Hoseok immediately denied their worries, accepting a hug from the two nonetheless. "It's Minduelle," Hoseok shook his head and sighed. "I tried so hard to get her to stay home but she's so stubborn and persistent but she's in the bathroom right now but I wanted to give you guys a heads up and she's going to be so mad-"

"Hoseok," Yoongi cut off the younger man's rambles, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Take a breath."

Hoseok mumbled an apology and did as told.

"Now, what happened with Minduelle?"

.

"Sorry I'm late." Minduelle smiled sheepishly as she walked into the studio, Yoongi and Jin looking up from their phones.

"Nah, it's alright." Jin put his phone in his pocket and gave Minduelle a warm smile. "I'm just glad you could make it." Jin jumped to his feet and gestured to his seat beside Yoongi. "Go ahead and sit down Min. I'll go warm up and let me know when you two are ready!"

Minduelle smiled as a response and took off her coat, laying it down on the couch against the wall before walking over to Yoongi, sitting beside him. "Here." She handed him a protein shake, and upon his questioning look, "I'll give Jin his after he sings."

"Thanks." Yoongi gave it a quick shake and took a sip of it, impressed with the taste. "How-" Yoongi paused, stopping himself. 'Don't ask how she's doing. Bad memories for her. Just, focus on the work.'

"Hm?" Minduelle asked, eyes on Yoongi.

"Nothing." Yoongi reassured, handing Minduelle a pair of headphones. "The new pair came in today."

"Sweet!" Minduelle smiled happily with a hint of, something.

Yoongi couldn't pinpoint what else was hidden in that smile of hers, but he knew it couldn't be anything good.

Back to the headphones, Yoongi had gotten Minduelle a special pair a while ago. The gap for the ear was bigger so she could wear them comfortably with her hearing aids. Normally, headphones gave her a giant headache due to the pressure on her hearing aids. But recently she brought the headphones home to do some work on her latest song she made and her father found them and broke them.

Minduelle nudged Yoongi. "You okay?"

"Hm? Yeah I'm fine." Yoongi blinked out of his train of thought, sitting up a little. "Did you say something?"

"Yeah, I was wondering if Jin ran through the song at all before I got here." Minduelle repeated, remaining patient with her friend.

"Oh, not yet." Yoongi shook his head. "But we did go through the background vocals he recorded a little while ago and decided which ones we liked and didn't like." Yoongi pulled up the bits on his computer. "We can-"

"Scrap all of it." Minduelle said immediately. She kept her eyes on the screen once Yoongi looked at her. "Nothing is good on the first run through. We're going to record the entire song tonight."

Yoongi nodded, trusting his friend. "Alright." Yoongi pulled up Namjoon's demo of the song, Minduelle listening to it for herself before giving Yoongi a nod. He pressed play as Minduelle pulled out her music notebook, making Yoongi smile.

Oh how he loved that notebook. It had all of their strengths and weaknesses in there in terms of their vocal abilities. There were notes from various songs and descriptions of tips that helped and others that didn't help. She took note of things that were good in their voices and things that needed to be discussed or improved.