seven

"Are you sure, sure?" Minduelle asked Yoongi, Yoongi looking up from the floor.

"Min, we're performing in five minutes." Yoongi chuckled. "I'm doing this."

"Okay," Minduelle released a shaky breath, stepping closer to him to fix his tie; his tie that definitely didn't need to be fixed. "If you forget something or can't flip the page fast enough, just play the chords and it'll be fine. If you suddenly don't feel confident, just tap your nose twice and I'll announce I'm doing acapella. If you want to stop and head home early, just let me know and I'll take a small break and you can leave without being noticed too much. And if you mess up it's totally-"

"Min, you're giving me anxiety." Yoongi pulled her hands away from his tie, the man dressed in a black suit and tie. "Relax." He soothed, Minduelle taking a deep breath. "I'm going to play the songs perfectly and I'm going to stay up there the entire time. I'll only take breaks if you need one. Alright?" Yoongi looked deep into her eyes, staring right into her soul.

"Alright." Minduelle hugged him tightly. "This means so much to me, thank you so much."

"Hey," Yoongi grabbed her good hand as she turned away. His words were caught in his throat once she turned back to him. "You look beautiful, by the way."

Minduelle smiled. "Power of makeup."

Truth be told, Minduelle didn't need makeup. She was naturally breathtaking. The only reason why she "needed" the makeup today was to cover cuts and bruise. She was really good at makeup, not even Yoongi could tell. But the way her lashes were darker and longer, her lips plump and glossed, eyeshadow bold enough to be noticed by the audience but not bold enough to take over her face. Her hair was curled perfectly and her jewelry kissed her skin so gracefully...

God, Yoongi wanted to kiss her.

"Ready?" Minduelle smiled, eyes on him, the audience clapping after the owner of the theater introduced her. She was one of three performers at today's noon show. It was a charity performance for a non-profit organization to help children and adults learn how to read. The man before her did several opera songs and the woman after her would be doing ballet.

Minduelle was the most anticipated performer for this evening.

Minduelle walked out first, the audience clapping louder than any time this evening, a few rising to their feet. Minduelle smiled and waved at them, pride soaring through her. She really had made her name out there, hasn't she?

"Good afternoon, everyone." Minduelle spoke into the microphone, held up by a stand. "I would like to thank you all so much for your generous donations to LFK. You have changed the lives of so many adults and children with your participation. I thank you." Minduelle paused, letting the applause ring throughout the giant room, every seat filled. "A dear friend of mine will be accompanying me on piano today so I can focus on my vocals and fulfill all of your expectations. Will that be alright with everyone?"

Again, another applause, a few whistles echoing throughout the quieting room.

"Thank you," Minduelle bowed her head. "Please enjoy the show."

Minduelle closed her eyes as Yoongi began to play the piano, the sound perfectly amplified to fill up the entire room, warming everyone's hearts as they recognized the song. Minduelle sang four songs in total, hardly taking any breaks other than the applause between each song and every high note she sang.

God how she loved performing. Standing in a gorgeous dress, feeling beautiful, knowing her voice was perfect, knowing she was making a lasting impression on everyone in this room. It comforted her, knowing every single person's eyes were on her. She knew they were. She was outstanding. Her voice was breathtaking.