fourteen

i apologize for the longer than normal wait! i was on spring break and while i had all intentions on writing my heart out, my body went into full on rot mode lmao.

but please enjoy this little emotional chapter <33333

===

Minduelle knocked on the door, knowing the man inside couldn't hear her anyways. He never could when he locked himself in his studio. It helped him concentrate, those noise-canceling headphones, the sound of waves that were consistently being played. It reminded him of biking down by the beach and across the bridge. It reminded him of the one thing that always allowed him to relax.

Nature.

Minduelle typed in the passcode and opened the door, smiling softly once she saw him. He was standing in front of his desk, legs shoulder-width apart, one arm across his body, the other's elbow resting on his wrist, his hand pinching his lip over and over.

Total concentration.

Minduelle grinned before running up to him and giving him a big back hug, Namjoon yelping in surprise. "Hey Joon!" She laughed, going on her tiptoes so Namjoon could see her over his shoulder.

"Christ, Min, you scared the hell out of me." Namjoon chuckled, pulling his headphones down so they hung around her neck. "What are you doing here?" He patted her arms that remained around his waist, Minduelle making them sway back and forth.

"Just checking on you." Minduelle hummed, letting him go so they could face each other. "You know becu-AUSE!" Minduelle shrieked as Namjoon picked her up, holding her on his shoulder, Minduelle basically upside down now. "JOON!"

"Payback tastes so sweet." Namjoon sang, shaking her a little before setting her down, laughing once Minduelle hit his chest. "Oh boo hoo Min." He teased, Minduelle grumbling.

"You're an ass." She finally smiled, Namjoon rolling his eyes. "How are you holding up?" Minduelle asked, pushing Namjoon to the side so she could sit in his chair and look at his work.

"I'm good." Namjoon pulled the wheely chair away from the computer, Minduelle as well. "Mind your own business, Nosy."

"Heyyyy." Minduelle protested, crossing her arms as Namjoon leaned against his desk, blocking the screen. "I'm just curious. Yoongi showed me the finished album and, my god, it's golden."

Namjoon smiled and his eyes brightened. "You think so?"

"God Namjoonnnnnnn' Minduelle groaned, covering her face with her hands. "I was crying the entire time I listened to it- you know what, give me a hug. I need to hug the father of that album." Minduelle got up, Namjoon meeting her in the middle, hugging her tightly. "Just the pure genius you seven poured into each and every song... god, I... ARMY is going to lose their mind. They're going to love it so much."

'It's important to me that you love it too.' Namjoon held her tightly, all of that hard work paying off. If Minduelle loved it, then he knew it was good enough. It was perfect. The album was perfect.

"I loved how each of you had your own solo songs and the different dynamics in other songs and of course the songs all seven of you are in." Minduelle shook her head, squeezing Namjoon. "God, it's perfect."

"Thank you Min." Namjoon sighed softly, relaxing in her arms. "That truly means the world to hear it from you."

"Well you deserve the world, JoonBug." Minduelle teased softly, letting go of the hug to stare up at him.

Namjoon's heart skipped a beat as she stepped forward, her eyes on his face. 'She's going to kiss me omg omg omg omg it's perfect perfect album for a perfect kiss and a perfect girl-'