Prologue

─────⋅˖ ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖⋅─────

In the blink of an eye, everything changed.

It's funny how life can pivot on such a fragile axis – a mere moment, a fleeting second, and the world as you know it is irrevocably altered.

In the blink of an eye, he was gone.

The one who I thought understood me, who I thought stood beside me through the thick and thin of our tangled, convoluted journey.

Vanished, like a shadow at high noon, leaving a void where once there was laughter, trust, and something that dangerously resembled love.

In the blink of an eye, they all vanished.

Family, foundation, the bloodline that was supposed to be my strength.

But blood, as it turns out, is a double-edged sword – it binds, but it can also betray.

Maybe it was my fault.

Maybe, if I hadn't dived so deep, if I hadn't been so blinded by the need to uncover the truth, things would have been different.

Maybe ignorance truly is bliss.

I thought it a good idea to investigate, to peel back the layers of lies and deceit that shrouded my heritage.

But with each layer stripped away, I found only more pain, more betrayal, more questions that begged answers I wasn't sure I wanted to know.

I learned that behind every smile, there was a façade.

Behind every laugh, there was an echo of pain.

Behind every show of strength, there was hidden fragility.

The world I thought I knew was nothing but a carefully constructed lie, a stage where everyone played their part, including me.

Did I cause this unraveling? I often ask myself.

And more importantly, what am I?

Who am I?

Are the whispers true, the rumors that circulate in hushed tones when they think I'm not listening?

I always felt like I was powerless.

I thought the need for knowledge, the need for every stone to be turned, would empower me.

Would make me strong.

Would bring me happiness.

I thought I could find it, whatever held the missing pieces of the puzzle that was my life.

I thought I finally feel like I belong, in the world that left a void no one else could fill.

But in a blink of an eye, those eyes that I thought held understanding, those smiles that I thought were for me, those thoughts that I believed were in sync with mine – they all became part of the grand illusion.

A mirage in a desert of deceit.

And now, as I stand amidst the ruins of what I once believed to be true, I'm left with a haunting echo of cautionary words and a heart burdened with the weight of truths too heavy to bear.

In the blink of an eye, my world changed.

And so did I.

─────⋅˖ ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖⋅─────