The Date

Jigoku had promised Bakugou that he would go into the outside world with him. He was very confident in his abilities.

Bakugou couldn't stand that confidence, but what could he do about it? Right now, he didn't even care that much.

What he cared about was the sun.

Jigoku was right next to him, completely calm, at least Bakugou was sure that he was.

They were in Musutafu. It was the shopping district near UA that Bakugou was very familiar with. He'd been here with Kirishima, Mina and Denki.

He hadn't seen the sun in a while now. He didn't think he'd miss it that badly.

"Where do you want to go?", Jigoku asked.

"I don't care. I just wanna walk around."
Jigoku nodded and Bakugou started walking. They had agreed on a few conditions. Bakugou would not run away, and in exchange, Jigoku wouldn't permanently hold his arm. He would just follow him very closely so that Bakugou could pretend he was alone and free.

(Kirishima's POV)

"Wait up!", I shouted. Todoroki stopped and waited for me and Momo.
"Sorry", he said as we reached him.

Ever since Aizawa's talk with Jigoku, we'd been patrolling the streets in our free time, hoping to spot him or Bakugou. The chances were low, but never zero.

I'll get that damned villain.

I frowned as I remembered Jigoku's eyes behind his mask, calm and evil.

And Bakugou's eyes, resigned and filled with tears. As if there was no hope for him.

Heck, maybe there really was no hope for him.

No, I can't think like that!

But the sight of Bakugou crying had kept popping in my head over and over during the past few days.

Something terrible must've happened to him.

Now that I thought about it, his hair was strangely-

BAKUGOU'S HAIR.

I grabbed Yaoyorozu and Todoroki to get their attention and turned, sprinting into the crowd.

It can't be.

Can it?

No way.

I saw it.

I saw it!

There it was again! A spiky-haired blonde was walking through the crowd. I could always recognize his hair.

I came to a stop in front of Bakugou and stared at him.

He stared at me with a perplexed expression.

In the next moment, I was dragging him into an alley. Yaoyorozu and Todoroki, who had followed me, saw him. Their gazes changed. They followed us in to the alley.

We kept running.

"It really is you!", I shouted happily. "Come on, UA is really close!"

My heart was bursting with happiness.

"Shitty Hair..."

"Don't worry! We'll get you to safety! We've been looking for you for days, hoping you'd show up. And you really did!"

"Shitty Hair."

"I can't believe it! I mean, why were you even there? Did you actually manage to get away from him?"

"KIRISHIMA!!!"

I stopped.

Bakugou wasn't smiling. Quite the opposite, actually.

It was similar to the gaze I'd seen on him back then, with Jigoku.
Bakugou was scared.

Todoroki and Yaoyorozu stopped running. They were still smiling - until the saw Bakugou's expression.

"Are you okay?"

"NO!!! He was behind me. What did you do, you IDIOTS!!! I mean... You had no idea, but still..."

Bakugou stopped talking and grabbed his hair, dropping to the ground.

He was having a panic attack.

"Bakugou! You're safe for now. We lost him. We should quickly get to UA and-"

"HE'S TRACKING ME!!!"

A shadow appeared behind Bakugous, zipping into reality out of nowhere. I hardened on instinct as a powerful arm slammed me into the building next to me. The wall was crushed by the sheer force of the blow.

There were no thoughts. My mind went blank.

Todoroki's flames crawled up Jigoku's back, but he flew up into the air and landed while standing, his entire body weight concentrated onto the leg he aimed to slam into Todoroki's back, but the hero managed to dodge in the last split-second.

The ground cracked open around the area of impact the villain left. He lifted a foot and pushed down on Todoroki's stomach.

Then Jigoku turned and reached out for Momo.

Bakugou screamed. I stood up and ran forward, slamming my hardened skull into Jigoku's body, pushing him into the wall, but he didn't really seem bothered by it. Instead, he grabbed Momo's ponytail and lifted her above the ground.

She shrieked in pain and created a blade, but Jigoku snapped it in half with a forceful motion of his arm. I held onto it with all my strength so he couldn't do the same with Momo's neck.

Finally, Jigoku looked at me and reached out.

This isn't even a worst case scenario anymore.

I thought of an option to get away, but if I let go now, Jigoku would probably kill Momo... Was Todoroki still alive? Was he conscious?
Someone... Someone...!

"I take responsibility for their actions."

It was a quiet voice. Almost a whisper, as the sound was swallowed by fear.

Jigoku looked at Bakugou.

"I take responsibility for their actions", Bakugou said again, louder this time.

"You know the consequences?"

"I don't want them to go through the things I had to go through."

Jigoku dropped Momo. I was shaken off of his arm and fell to the ground, looking at the unconscious Todoroki.

I had neither the strength nor the guts to look up.

"Good."

Jigoku touched Bakugou's face, I believe, and their feet disappeared before my eyes.

I blankly stared at the spot they'd been standing at.

My mind felt like a black hole.

Momo's quiet sobs filled the silence in my head.

"We were supposed... to be saving him. But he... saved us."

It was our fault Bakugou would suffer.
Because we couldn't stop playing heroes...!

"Todoroki... Are you okay?", Momo asked, looking up from her crying corner.

Right. If I can't help Bakugou, I need to at least fix the situation I got Todoroki into.

I looked at my unconscious classmate, wondering how I was gonna carry the weight of him and my guilt back to UA.

(Hello, my gay bbgs! I'm back, let's act like I didn't fucking die for half a year! No, I won't make a thirty minute apology video. I hope you liked this smutless plot only part. Now watch me disappear for the next five centuries 💨💨💨)