6

" Oh, this is definitely the end of times." Ana quipped.

" Aww, come on! I thought we were getting somewhere!" Tony groaned sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

" Guys, now is not the time for this." Steve spoke.

Ana sighed, focusing on the task at hand. They were trying to stop the end of the world, and now was not the time to fight with a pompous jackass.

" The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron. Not alone." the machine spoke.

" Why does your vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve interrogated, raising a brow.

" We reconfigured Jarvis' matrix to come up with something new," Tony explained.

" I think I've had my fill of new."

" You think I am a child of Ultron," Vision observed.

" You're not?"

" I'm not Jarvis or Ultron, I am... I am..."

" I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda spat.

" Look again."

" Her seal of approval means jack to me," Clint sneered.

" Their powers, the horrors in our heads... Ultron himself was created with the mind stone. And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. And with it on our side-" Thor explained, but was quickly cut off by Bruce's interrogative voice.

" Is it? Are you on our side?"

" I don't think it's that simple. I am on the side of life. Ultron wishes to destroy it all." Vision explained.

" What is he waiting for?" Steve questioned.

" You."

" Where?"

" Sokovia. He's got Nat there, too," Clint explained.

" Um, excuse me? What happened to Natasha?" Ana growled.

Clint visibly stiffened at her tone, beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

" Well, when we were retrieving the cradle Ultron captured her. There was nothing we could do at the time," Clint explained.

Ana sighed, composing herself before anything got out of hand.

" I swear, you are all awful at your jobs. Anyway, what will you do if this vision turns out exactly how Ultron wanted?" Ana asked quizzically .

They all looked at the machine, clear intent in their eyes. Ana didn't know how, but she felt she could beat him if the time came. He still confused her, though. Maybe it was the powerful aura coming from the stone embedded in the machine's head. It was almost familiar, like the source of her powers..

" I do not want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he is in pain. But his pain will roll over the Earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every presence on the internet. We have to act, and not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster, I guess I would never know. You may not be able to trust me, but we need to go now," Vision explained, handing Mjolnir to Thor.

Everyone stood still, frozen in shock. No one had been able to pick up the hammer besides Thor... until today.

" Right, well done," Thor spoke, patting Tony on the back.

" Three minutes. Get what you need," Steve commanded sternly.

Everyone nodded, walking in different directions. Ana walked over to her sister's things, picking up the supplies that would be useful to her.

Quickly grabbing a bag from one of the cubbies, she looked through the shelves. Stuffing weapons and ammo as fast as she could, she was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

Looking up, she saw her best friend right next to her.

" What's up, Wanda?" Ana questioned.

" I'm so sorry for what I did to you. I never wanted to hurt you, or get separated, but-" Wanda rambled. Ana shook her head, sending a slight smile her way.

" It's okay. I've already forgiven you. Just promise me we won't leave each other again.."

Wanda nodded, pulling the girl into a hug. Ana tensed, but quickly let herself relax as she knew she wasn't in danger yet. Feeling Wanda's arms around her was comforting, warm, even. It made her feel like a child again, and as if she were safe. She had a family, even if it wasn't a conventional one.

" Where'd Pietro go?" Ana questioned.

" He followed Steve to suit up. We'll meet up with him when it's time to go." Wanda explained.

" I have a bad feeling about this... Please be careful."

" I will be, but you better be too. You're always getting yourself in reckless situations."

" I will be, I promise. Now, we have to get going."

Ana grabbed the bag, and followed Wanda over to the jet.