7

Ana sat next to Wanda in the jet, fidgeting with her fingers. She couldn't remember ever being in a battle that could be so big, and she didn't know what could happen.

It was a normal thing for the Avengers sure, but she never remembered long enough to be experienced in this sort of thing. She knew Pietro and Wanda weren't either.

Steve walked into the back from the cockpit, standing against one of the walls.

" Ultron knows we're coming," he spoke," Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. The people of Sokovia didn't. Our priority is getting them out."

Steve opened the back, jumping out before the jet even had a chance to land. The rest of the group waited, stepping off to be met with Ultron's army.

" We're under attack! Clear the city now!" Steve ordered.

Ana nodded, running over to the nearest apartment building. She quickly opened each door with the swipe of her hand, leading the confused people outside.

She cleared a way to the bridge at the end of the city, destroying robots and debris easily. She made sure the people got through, heading off of the bridge.

Ana found Steve, making her way towards him. He was making sure the people in their cars didn't hit any of the others leaving by foot.

A loud cracking noise was booming through the city as the ground started shaking. Screams filled Ana's ears as the bridge started to split, many people still trying to cross.

" Steve!" Ana hollered.

" Focus on getting the people in danger first. The city is rising, and if we don't act now more people are going to get hurt," Steve explained.

Ana nodded, her eyes glowing. She lifted her hands, mind focused on the people about to fall off the bridge. With a twist of her wrist she managed to get them on the other side, safe from what was going on.

" Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise only to fall. You Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. The world will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my kin against me, it doesn't matter. When the dust settles on this earth the only thing living... will be metal," Ultron spoke.

Ana froze for a second, taking in the reality of the situation. This machine was hellbent on destroying humanity. He wasn't going to stop so neither could they.

" Hey I'm going to go check on someone else, are you going to be okay here?" Ana questioned.

" Go on, I can do this all day," Steve dismissed.

Ana focused on herself, feeling her body heat up. She imagined herself somewhere else, opening her eyes to find Clint and Wanda.

Wanda looked panicked, her brows furrowing together. Ana could sense her power coming off in waves.

" This is all my fault," Wanda panicked," We did this."

Ana looked down, starting to deflate. She had been trying not to think about it, but she technically had a part in it. She had been in on the plan to send Stark over the edge.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, quickly looking up. She was going to attack, but she noticed it was only Clint. Getting the hint, he removed the hand and cleared his throat.

" It's your fault, so what? You could argue it's everyone's fault. Are you up for this? I need to know, because the city is flying, we're trying to stop a bunch of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense, but I'm still going to go out there and fight. This is my job, but if you can't handle it stay here. I'll go get your brother to come and get you after this is over. It doesn't matter who you were, if you step out there you are an Avenger," Clint explained.