012: Scorose Oneshot

Scorpius's perspective:

I was the Golden Boy. Prefect since fifth year. Head boy even. All O's, no detentions (alright, some detention. But only very rarely,) no enemies (alright, no bad enemies. Only little ones.) But despite all of that, I still ended up here. In a tricky situation and no one at my back. Some people got suspended for messing up. You can only imagine what will when I make my mistake. Quite a situation I'd gotten myself into. Boy, this'll be a doozy.

Back to the beginning?

Back to the beginning. But not quite the beginning. I'll start with the important parts, then the real beginning which happens to be in my Fourth year. Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked.

First year, I arrived and Hogwarts with my trunk and supplies, ready for whatever curveballs were thrown at me. I knew my family's history. The Malfoys. I knew it would be a challenge to make friends. But I was highly underprepared. Not for the part about my family's history, but school in general. Just imagine you were a first year again, walking down the train hoping someone would talk to you until you decide to sit alone to avoid social interaction of any kind. Good, or bad.

This girl sat next to me. Auburn hair, tons of freckles, and literally the bluest eyes I've ever seen. And it's not just me that says that. It wasn't one of those, "she has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen" moments. Ask anyone, she could have stared through your soul with those blue eyes. She was fairly normal looking, not insanely beautiful, and definitely not ugly. Just, normal. (But definitely on the pretty side of normal.) She obviously was the kind of person to have a lot of friends. I could tell that she knew a ton of people the moment I looked at her. It also may have been due to the fact that she had dozens of other people trailing behind her.

"Mind if we sit here?" Obviously she took my silence as a yes as she and her friends slid themselves into the compartment.

They introduced themselves quickly. Rose Weasley, she was the one with the obvious blue eyes. Albus Potter, her cousin, with the obnoxiously messy brown hair. They were both First years, like myself. James Potter, a second year. And lastly, Dominique Weasley, a fifth year. (Maybe I was exaggerating about there being dozens of them. Just a bit.)

They were all related in some weird way, cousins or something like that.

After they all sat down and finished introducing themselves, I spoke up, "Well… Nice to meet you all. My name's Scorpius Malfoy." They looked rather shocked at first but then continued in polite conversation. That conversation slowly escalated and I was practically family by the end of the train ride.

Fourth Year

I was sitting in the library with my two best friends, Albus Potter and Rose Weasley. We were working on some boring paper about werewolves for Defense against the dark arts. (Laughingly easy considering my friends are related to a half-werewolf.)

But that's not why I'm talking about this part. This part of the story is very important. You could argue that it's why I got myself into this mess in the first place. We finished out essay and Albus rushed off to his first class. He was in Slytherin, so he had double History of Magic with the Hufflepuffs next. Rose and I were both in Gryffindor, so we got the next couple of hours free. We just made mindless chitchat for almost the whole time until Rose spotted someone she obviously did not want to see. So she made a beeline for the door, dragging me behind her, thoroughly confused the whole time. She pushed us into a nook halfway down the hallway back to out common room and dropped her voice to a whisper, "This guys who's been asking me out to Hogsmeade every week is following us so I need to lose him." She spun me around so my back was to the hallway and I was hiding her behind my tall frame. She spoke again, "It'll look weird with you just standing here. Snog me or something," she murmured with a hurried/worried expression on her face. I looked quite taken aback by her abrupt comment and managed a hoarse, "What?" before she saw the guy following her from over my shoulder she grabbed my collar and pulled me close to her face, "Act like you enjoy it Malfoy," she said quickly. Then she snogged me. After the initial surprise of my best friend kissing me, I wrapped one of my arms around her waist and put the other hand in her hair.