one

AS the daughter of aphrodite, i've never really felt like the daughter of aphrodite. to be honest its a weird feeling. and its been bothering me. sure, people call me beautiful or whatever but are they just saying that because its who im supposed to be? im sure ill never get the answer or really ever feel beautiful, and i guess its just something i have to accept.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

it all started when annabeth came running into my cabin early in the morning telling me a kid named percy jackson has arrived. she has always told me that i have a purpose and its just going to take one person to show me what it is, who i truly am, make me feel wanted and loved, and everytime a new kid arrives she is convinced that that one, is the one. something about fulfilling my prophecy. after many, many, many of her failed hopefulness in these new kids, she always seems to stay positive.

"ember ember! wake up! new kid new kid!!!"

"oh my god annabeth wont you just give it up already?" i groan and hide my ears under my pillow to try and drown her out. she rips the covers off my mattress and i'm forced to open my eyes.

"hey!" 

"come on get dressed and meet me outside." she says, i roll my eyes and stand up grabbing a camp tee and my favorite pair of baggy jeans. once im changed i head outside hopping into my converse and of course annabeth is waiting right outside the cabin. i give her a look, "well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today" i squint my eyes at her and she starts walking off, "hey wait up!! i'm trying to tie my shoes!" she doesn't slow down.

i finally catch up to her out of breath finishing tying off my half up half down hairstyle with a lace bow. i am clearly out of breath, "dang you walk fast" she laughs, "so where are we even going right now...?"

"cabin 3" i roll my eyes, this is stupid, "annabeth, everytime you try it doesn't work." i pause.

"look you know i love you and am thankful you care about me but i just think you're wrong about this and-" she shushed me. "hey! what are you-" she shushed me again and then points to a blond curly-headed boy with ocean blue eyes.

"is that-" i whisper.

"percy jackson" she finishes for me in a whisper. 

i watched him, his body language. its just something about him that intrigues me. hes different, and i dont know in what way yet.

he glances over to the door where annabeth and i are peering out from and i quickly hide myself in the hopes of him not noticing me.

"quick behind here-" annabeth takes me hand jolting me to the side of the cabin.

"what are you-" i stop myself as the boy walks out. we watch him until hes far enough away to not hear us.

"listen ill catch up with you later, okay? i need to do something really quick-" she says 

"um- okay" i say and she leaves. i dont really pay attention to where she goes, nor do i care right at this moment. im too focused on where that boy is going. i dont know why but i follow him, it was something that happened subconsciously, i couldn't stop myself.

where was he going?