eleven

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

PERCY Ψ

i met medusa in the kitchen. "she's not usually like that" i tell her, "i mean i guess a little bit— she is." i'm- still trying to figure that out. "that was a lot" i add on. 

"she's going to betray you" medusa spits out, stirring something in the pan on top of the
stove. "sooner or later people like her, they always do."

"i dont think shes like that." i correct her. even though i didn't know much about her, i knew the minute it came out of her mouth it was wrong. 

"then you will be an easy mark for her when the time comes" she says. i take a couple steps forward, "what do you care?" i ask. "your mother and i, were like sister in a way. targeted by the same monster. so i find myself feeling protective of you."

"a monster?" i uttered, questioning the way she referred to my dad, "my mom never talked about my dad that way."

"where is she now?" she questions. "your mother? is she safe?"

"no. she's not." i state.

"and do you trust your friends to help you to make her safe? will they let you make her safe if it conflicts with their quest?" she asks and i turn my head to the other room, thinking "i could help you remove them from the equation, so that you can be free of them." she goes on but before she can finish i'm out of the room.

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

your/embers pov:

grover, percy and i stand in the dark basement. the door creaks open as fire emits from the staircase. i look at percy and he looks back at me with his brows furrowed. its that look. i don't know how to describe it.

the fire lights the entirety of the room outline and reveals a maze of statues— statues that were once human. this is probably why my mother wasn't a war goddess anymore. we hear the door shut and i grab percy and grovers arm, "come on" we run through the army of statues. 

"there's three of us and only one of her. if we split up she can't be watching us all at once." grover does have a point. "thats a bad idea." i tell him. "it could be simpler than you think." he tells me, "grover seriously i don't-" he cuts me off, "here's the plan, ill get in the air, i'll draw her attention. as soon as you hear me say 'maia' you guys start-" he gets cut off by the shoes lifting him off the ground.

"oh boy! okay, um. off, down!" he yells and flies off into the darkness. "so— we're gonna need a new plan" i utter to percy, "we are not our parents until we chose to be." medusas voice echoes through the basement and both percy and i's heads turn to where the voice is coming from.

i quickly exchange glances with him as we swiftly run further from the voice, "you two have chosen" medusa continues. percy and i make our way behind a stack of crates as medusa continues to talk. "my necklace," i whispered to percy— he knew what i meant by that, i could tell by the way he nodded and how his eyes moved from my necklace to my eyes." he got out his pen as it transformed into a sword and he held it tightly. he was scared, i knew he was scared. i nodded at him and mouthed, 'its okay' as i nodded to him as he turned around— i backed away activating my invisibility, turning the corner to come up behind medusa.

"when i ship your statues to olympus, maybe that will get my point across even better." i could hear her footsteps approaching percy, "now let's have a look at you." percy jolted up with closed eyes shaking in fear as he tried to hide it.

"i didn't really think this through!" a voice yelling in the distance echoed. grover crashed onto the ground grabbing medusa's attention— distracting her. i quickly remove my necklace placing it swiftly onto medusa, "now!" 

percy opened his eyes and briskly slashed his sword— he cut off her head. percy pants heavily, "hey, did you hear that?" he asks but i was too busy helping grover up. "did you say something?" grover uttered. i helped him stand up and we both made our way towards percy, "you found it?" i ask him. he stands up from his prior kneeling position, "i hope so."

a/n eeekkk finally a longer chapter, i am loving percy and embers slow burn sm😭😭😭. they havent even gotton to nicknames yet, (dw they will really soon) thanks for reading <333 i really appreciate it!! make sure to leave a comment and a vote!