four

𝚿ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁

YOU/EMBER

"i know it sounds weird okay- and i don't really have enough time to explain why you have to do it- but you just have to" annabeth explains to me as we make our way towards everyone else waiting for capture the flag to start.

"what-!" im cut off as she walks ahead, i look to grover who is next to me. "do you have any idea why she's making me do this?" i ask referring to annabeth just telling me i must keep an eye on percy, then leave him alone to watch him get attacked by clarisse, then to top it all off- push him into the water.

"nope" he responds pursing his lips. "better go catch up to her." i raise my brows as i breathe out, "catch ya later"

as i catch up to annabeth we are given rules to follow for capture the flag. after we are assigned our teams annabeth walks me over towards percy after luke is finished telling percy he should stick with me— annabeth. she sure works fast.

"percy- annabeth, ember- percy, percy-ember. you're with her percy" he smiles at me. "now go" she whispers, "and don't forget about what i told you" i roll my eyes and walk ahead- percy follows.

as we walk deeper into the woods i hear a thud behind me and quickly turn around, percy tripped. i just stare at him, "im fine, thanks. appreciate you standing there- silently." i shake my head and roll my eyes as i turn away from him continuing to walk.

"look- i need this to go well today." he says as he catches up to me. "i cant really get into it but- i need my father to see it go well" i don't respond knowing i already knew all this information.

"so- youre gonna expect me to do something i don't know how to do- and i end up falling flat on my face? i cant really have that right now." i stop in my tracks causing him to stop. i turn to him noticing the buckle on his armor not being buckled correctly. i swiftly fix it as he watches me closely, meeting his eyes for a moment before taking my hand away.

"you still don't get how you fit into all this- do you?" i say and he gives me a confused look but quickly turns his attention towards the yelling from across camp.

"game on" i tell him and he turns his head slightly. i grasp the necklace around my neck which turns me invisible.

"wait what?" he asks. i re-appear, "gift from my mom- you'll do great though, don't worry" i tell him trying my best to reassure him and even feeling a bit guilty for doing this to him.

"do great- do what great?" he asks me, i grasp my necklace once again and disappear. he watches my footprints walk away. when he turns around, i watch from a distance as he sits around and does nothing.

where is clarisse?" i think to myself. moments later she appears and i watch them bicker and try to look away when i hear swords clanking. i quickly make my way down to the water and wait for percy.