nine

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

YOU/EMBER

as i observed our new surrounds grover questioned, 

"what?"  knowing that he just really wanted some food. "aunty em has a garden full of petrified stone folks? this is definitely someone from our world." i nodded feeling suddenly uneasy slowing down in my tracks for a moment. "anyone want to guess what em is short for?" we stopped in front of many statues as grover starts to realize. "we need to get out of here" i say worriedly as we all start to turn around but are faced with a fury. percy pulled out his pen as it transformed into a sword,

"you should have accepted my offer when you had the chance." the fury tells me. "offer? what offer is she talking about?" percy questions to me. i look at him blankly. suddenly a voice called out, "not today friends" percy slowly looked back as the fury covered her eyes, "not on my doorstep" i recognized the voice and the sound of her heels as they approached. i turned to percy next to me and whispered to him fast, "close your eyes." 

"what?"

"close them" i tell him again and he does so.

"if you have something to resolve why not come in and ill help?" my brows furrow, "alecto, will you be joining us?" the lady— medusa, referred to the fury. obviously none of us could see anything but we did hear no response. 

"no well, i didn't think you would" she speaks. "she wont bother you as long as your with me. but it isn't as though she will leave either, not if it means reporting that she has failed to retrieve the son of poseidon.

"how did you—" percy starts, "a forbidden child has been claimed. how long did you think that secret would keep, it's a pleasure to meet you, son of poseidon." she states.

"percy don't." i tell him. "we all choose who we make our monsters but right now that one wants to tear you limb from limb and i'm offering you lunch," medusa did have a point— but either way this wasn't going to end well, i can feel it. "the choice is yours."

"i think we can trust her," percy says immediately getting a reaction from both grover and i, "i can't explain it i just..." he shrugged, "my mom used to tell me her story, and the point was always that she isn't what people think, and i definitely trust my mom." he stops for a moment as grover and i both look at him, "so i'm going in, you guys do what you want—" 

"percy—" i call out. this wasn't going to end well either way and there was no way i was leaving percy to go in alone. i sighed and grover and i both followed him— i stayed close behind percy.

a/n short chapter but i promise the next one is way longerrr <333 thanks for reading!! lmk your thoughtss <33