seven

YOU/EMBER

i quickly head inside the store heading straight to the fridge with all the drinks, "okay, soda. soda soda..." for some reason this was a bit overwhelming- and on top of that, i was feeling a little bit scared to be alone.

snap out of it.

i grabbed two random sodas and an iced tea swiftly taking 3 bags of chips from the aisle i walked down. as i was checking out i noticed a lady walk in, but something was.. off. i slowly turned my head to the left to find a red-haired lady. definitely a monster, i could feel it. i took the change swiftly from the cashier making sure the lady followed me when i left. i led her to a different
bus— activating my necklace to turn me invisible, the lady sat down.

"if you guys were better at your job, i might not have noticed you so easily." i spoke.

"and if you were better at yours then maybe your mother would actually love you" the lady replied.

"is that why hades sent you here? to rub this in my face?" i questioned.

"how things have changed, you're not the scared little girl i met years ago."

"i wasn't scared—"

"maybe so, maybe so. either way—" i cut her off, "why are you here."

"im here to collect your friend."

"hes not my-" i stop myself, i mean what does it matter to her if we both knew who she was talking about. 

"collect him? for what?" i questioned, "i don't ask why- i just do. 'bring him in quick and quiet' is what i was told. lure him off the bus and take him quietly away from many eyes, and your quest goes on unimpeded and unburdened. we both know that he isn't going to be any help to you." she tells me. i dont respond and just leave— i didn't want to hear it.

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

"guys you need to open that window right now!" i yell to the two boys as i rush to them. i heard a creak from the window, "i don't think these windows are supposed to-" grover started but was cut off by a loud sound landing on the bus— a fury. "oh no—"

"go go go!" grover rushed percy trying to open the back windows. "everyone leave your belongings and exit the front of the bus" the bus driver announced. i noticed the people exiting were slowing down the lady. i ripped off my necklace and watched it transform into a sword as percy watched— he didn't know my necklace could do that.

i threw the sword at the lady hard and she shrieked in pain and then evaporated. i let out a breath, breathing quite heavily

"lets go" i told percy and grover as i clasped my necklace around my neck. they both looked at me as if i was crazy, "you good?" i look to grover, and then to percy.

"y-yeah" percy answers.

"okay, lets go." i dont believe him but brush it off as nothing. its suddenly getting easier to read him as this quest goes on.

a/n: please dont ghost read & leave some cmnts pls!! i appreciate it! <3333