twenty three

PERCY Ψ

"clarisse is the lighting thief." luke states. "chirons gotta arrest her, find out what she knows, there's more to this than the bolt, something bigger." i tell him. i look at ember whos already looking at me with furrowed brows. "don't ask how i know, you just gotta trust me." i tell her— and luke.

"okay, i'm on it." luke tells us, 

"so ares huh, what was that like?" he questions. i look at ember and then back to luke, 

"well, compared to the chimera on monday and medusa on sunday, it could have been a lot worse." 

"medusa was saturday," ember corrects, oops.

"i thought it was sunday?" i say confused.

"no monsters on sunday, monday you died in the river."

"right, so medusa on saturday," i clarify.

"guys." luke cut us of, "what is this?" confused out of my mind ember and i both say "what?" at the same time.

"when did you turn into an old married couple..?"

my heart skips a beat for a reason i can't figure out right now, and i don't have time to question it as i need to ask luke something.

"not to change the subject, but i'm gonna. we could use your advice on something. were heading to las vegas to find your dad—" i was suddenly cut off.

YOU/EMBER

"when did you turn into an old married couple..?"  luke comments. 

um what? sorry? excuse me? 

i feel my cheeks heat up slightly but ignore it when percy changes the subject. i wasn't really listening to what percy was saying because i was kind of lost... in a thought.... but as soon as i heard him talk about luke's dad i stopped the conversation by dropping the ethereal and the projection of luke vanished.

"what was that about?" percy asks as he leans forward shifting his weight.

"you can't ask luke about his dad—"

"well now i certainly can't." percy sassed and i chuckled lightly shaking my head.

"look, if we tell him were going to see hermes, he's gonna try and talk us out of it and— we don't need that right now perc," his whole demeanor changed as he understood what i was saying,

"they don't get along?"

"nope, not at all." i tell him in a sad tone. moments after grover walks over with "updates."

"okay, got some updates." percy and i both stand up, he takes a quick look at me before looking at grover. "the men driving this truck are not nice people, traffickers."

"you want to help them?" i questioned. "they've already got a plan to get themselves out, and us too." 

my eyebrows furrow as my head tilts slightly as i look to percy, whos already looking at me with a smirk.

"i mean some of these guys, so smart. they were really only missing like one piece of the puzzle to get the cages unlocked." grover continues and percy and i both look at eachother with furrowed brows. 

he was again already looking at me before i looked at him. was he just looking at me the whole time as grover talked?

"what's that?" percy asked peeling his eyes away from me. "thumbs." grover answered leaning on the cages. "but were here now so, all good."

"so they have a plan after that—?" i ask grover, "yeah, really elegant. these guys they're— they're like artists." percy and i lightly chuckle.

a/n this was a bit short but i haven't updated in sooo long so i hope you enjoyed😣
much love <33