eight

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

YOU/EMBER

"somewhere up ahead this turns into a satyr path" grover explains as we walk in the woods, 

"what's a satyr path?" percy asks, "it's a road through the wilderness, satyr explorers use
them— harder to track us." i hear grover explain as i walk ahead of the two boys.

"that's— great but, if we stay in the wilderness how are we gonna find a phone?" percy questions.

a phone? — my brows furrow and i look behind my shoulder a little, "what do we need a phone for?" i say now fully turning my body to look back at the two boys— then turning back around, 

"so we can call camp?" he says as if that should be obvious, "to get help-?"

"we don't need help" i explain, "were fine"

"were fine? we haven't even gotten to trenton, and were wandering through a forest. i didn't even know they had a forest in new jersey- but we've found one. i would say we're the opposite, of fine."

"we were sent on a quest by the oracle, by the gods. did you think it would be easy?" i say turing to look at percy letting out a laugh, "its supposed to be hard. that's why only certain people are chosen. if we call camp all were doing is saying that it was a mistake to chose us."

"im completely comfortable with that, everyone make mistakes." percy says, "why are you so afraid of who you are?" i stop in my tracks and look at him. "what?"

"you know what's interesting about this particular satyr path is that it's actually the one my uncle ferdinand took when he set out on his own quest." grover starts, trying to prevent an argument. "what was that supposed to mean?"

i feel bad. i feel bad for challenging him— for everything i'm doing but- annabeth told me this is what i had to do. i have to challenge him, help him find out who he really is. for some reason, according to annabeth— i'm the only person that can do that. she told me i needed to help him, and in return, he would help me. how in the gods is that supposed to work? 

remember what she told you and just be you. do it and it will work out. i have to keep reminding myself. 

but this is what i have to do.

"nothing percy-" i tell him, "no tell me." i let out a breath, "you're not just a kid percy. im sorry to say it but you're not. 'just a kid' doesn't do what you did to clarisse back at camp, 'just a kid' doesn't have hades sending top lieutenants to retrieve them!" its silent, "look- percy, you're apart of something bigger than any of us can understand right now. we have to keep going, we have to move forward-" 

"you dont wanna call camp, fine. then lets at least call your mom. "my mom?" i question, "your mom, aphrodite?"

"why would we ca-" i start, "zeus fears your mother we-" i interrupt. "grover, can you please tell your friend to pull himself together?"

"you cant ask her, can you?" percy concludes. "when was the last time she talked to you?" he questions, "grover." i say, hoping that annabeth had told him something to make percy stop.

"i don't know why you're pulling him into this— hes on my side." i scoff, "what makes you think that?"

"he's my protector, it's his job." he tells me, "he was my protetor first."

"first? what do you mean first?"

"very exciting getting to walk in uncle ferdinands footsteps." grover interrupts, looking to
me, "next best thing getting to talk to him again"

"nothing— nevermind." i tell him looking down. before percy was about to say something grover speaks, "do you guys smell that?" i turn my head to grover furrowing my brows, "hamburgers" he says as he starts to walk. "grover. what are you do-" he interrupts me, "somebody's making hamburgers in the middle of nowhere, on a satyr path- whoever it is, they are from our world." he explains.

a/n please dont ghost read and leave a comment, i really appreciate it! thank you for reading <33 CHAPTERS GETTING LONGER I PROOMISSEEEE