two

YOU/EMBER 

i followed him all the way to mr. d's office, "peter johnson is here" i hear a voice call out. mr d. 

i quickly hide behind one of the doors listening in, "peter johnson?" i say to myself confused. as my eyes scan the room i notice grover standing across from the curly-haired boy. trying to avoid grovers eye contact, i look away.

"its uh- actually percy- percy jackson" the boy now confirmed as percy corrects. 

"yeah whatever" mr. d brushes off. percy clears his throat, "excuse... your highness?" percy turns his body to face mr. d, "i think my dad might be around here somewhere. im not sure how to ask for him-- i dont- even know his name. but, i think i should talk to him. i just... really need that right now, can you help me?"

mr d uncrosses his legs and scoots his chair closer to the table setting his coke can down on the table in front of him. 

"actually... i think i can, son."

"dad?" percy questions, obviously a bit confused. my eyebrows furrow, "okay now im really lost" i think to myself. 

"yes peter" mr d tells him. i let out a scoff– okay now hes bullshitting. 

"its percy" the boy swiftly corrected him. 

"now before we get to know each other, there is something very important i need you to do for me, okay?" percy nodded quietly, "in the gallery, there is a bottle of 1985 chateau haut-brion. will you go fetch that for me?" he asks. i let out a laugh which was loud enough for grover to hear me. his eyes catch mine.

grover makes a face at me and mouths "what are you doing?!" i respond by shrugging my shoulders, "you can't be here, get out!" he mouths to me pointing towards the exit. i respond with a shrug again. he starts to say something else but we are interrupted,

"uh- grover? what are you doing?" percy asks. grover stops his motions and i hide behind the door.

"uh- nothing?" grover says in a high pitched tone with an unbelievable "im not hiding anything" smile. i quickly make my way back to the main part of camp so i don't get caught, again.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

i notched the arrow, drew back the bowstring and released. the arrow sailed through the air,

"bullseye" a voice behind me commented, luke. i smiled and he high fived me, "oh come onnn" annabeth commented.

"what? mad you couldn't do it on the first try?" i playfully argue with annabeth and she rolled her eyes notching the arrow. 

"best outta 3?" she aks, "why not!" i reply.

PERCY  Ψ

as i walked down to the archery field luke met me and gave me a quick lesson on how to shoot an arrow. and when i say quick, i mean quick. 

"now just put your two fingers right there, yeah like that!" he told me. i let go of my grasp.

"are you sure im holding it right?" i ask again looking for confirmation. he takes the bow and arrow from me and shows me again but my gaze wanders and locks on a long-haired girl.

"whos that?" i ask, 

"ember hindley, daughter of aphrodite." i dont respond- just observe. i watch as she hits bullseye.

"wow- she's really good" i comment.

"yup- as the daughter of aphrodite she's also pretty good at fight-" i cut him off knowing what hes gonna say, "aphrodite was also a war goddess... something everyone seems to forget."

"exactly." luke says. 

exactly.