CHapter 2- the rivalry and the jealousy

There was winter in the air and a bittersweet smell roaming around the hues of freshly coming spring. It also happened to be the most horrible, yet loving time of the year, Valentines Day.

As it had always been, where they would start a 'Valentines Charity Event' where you could give flowers, chocolates and cards anonomously to other people. However, nobody actually took it seriously. The girl's would gift gifts to themselves and their friends and the boys would gift to a friend by their crush's name and tease the hell out of them. Like I said, this school had zero romance in it.

So when their form tutor handed out the sheet to fill for the charity event, Hugh had half a mind to gift it to Yale and make fun of him. Of course, he and Yale had been a bit...off lately. Most of it was his fault. He felt so awkward recently with Yale...ever since the dream...where he had pinned him to the wall of the bathroom and-

No.

He was not going to talk about whatever bullshit his crazy head had created in detention with Miss Fesuoy while he was sleeping.

He was going to be normal because he's not gay and especially not gay for his best friend who he's known since childhood.

Right?

He quickly wrote down Yale's name and snickered to himself as he conjured up thoughts of who's name he could put in as. Yale always came late to school so there was no chance he would even get the sheet. This was going to be wonderful.

Suddenly, Shaytan came along, carrying his back and a horrible smirk on his face. 

"Hey," he said. Hugh didn't really care about Shaytan at that moment so he just replied the same thing back and went on to thinking about what he would write. When Shaytan realised that he was being ignored, he snatched the sheet and held it up high, and Hugh, being much shorter than the idiot giant, desperately tried to take it back by jumping.

"Why are you giving it to Yale?" Shaytan asked, a tinge of jealousy in his voice.

"Why do you care?" Hugh gave up on trying to get the sheet back and instead pushed Shaytan away, very pissed off that this stupid man had to try and interfere.

The bell rang at that same time and off they went to the first class, which so happened to be Economics.

Now, not to say that Mr Iafay was a bad teacher, but he was absolutely shit at teaching. He would drone on and on about externalities and whatever the hell privatisation was. It was like torture. But luckily, he was blind and deaf as a bat, so you could basically start World War 3 behind his back and he wouldn't give a shit.

Hugh, unfortunately, was sat on a table with Dayd and Braxley. It was hell. These two were the most zestiest men on the block. Sometimes you could see Dayd's hand on Braxley's thigh and both of them whispering innocent nothings to each other. Hugh felt like dying every time he sat on the table. To add to the injury, Braxley's twin sister, Bradley (no one knew why her parents named her a boys name) sat with them, and she was a force of nature. She hated Dayd's and Braxley's zesty conversations and would try to make them stop everytime. Unfortunately, this made them want to do it more.

It was another horrible lecture about the disadvantages on private sectors and public sectors when Dayd started drawing in Braxley's notebook. Knowing Dayd, it was either a dick or a flower. They both started to giggle obnoxiously then and Hugh felt his ear drums bursting right then. Bradley, sick of these absolute menaces of people, told them to shush their stupid mouths. (Dayd and Braxley are basically Dorian and Bradley on a normal day in psycology :/)

Braxley, however, was not having it. "She's just jealous that I get more girls than her," he crossed his hands and gave his sister a wicked grin.

Bradley choked on her own spit, "But you're gay," she finally choked out.